Unlimited Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Unlimited Internet

I just looked up the bundles page.. It's kind of hard to compare bundles for wireless cell phone or tv services as Teksaavy doesn't offer these.. I was primarily concerned with Unlimited Internet costs. From the jist of it.. We already have tv/cell phone and internet with rogers (express 80 grandfathered) and we pay in well excess of $100 per month even with a bundle "discount". "Upgrading" to a new internet plan lands us with a "Small bandwidth 80 vs 120gb" increase for even more increased costs.. Even TV and Internet alone are close to $150 per month.. Which is just crazy for basic "extended" cable.. approx 50 channels.. I would like to know how much it costs for unlimited internet I can already get the equivalent package from Teksaavy internet wise with a $300 gig block of data for almost $10 less per month if not more.. and even better package from teksaavy for about the same price.. Is it still $10 to add unlimited to a rogers account with 3 or more services?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

There are two issues here. First getting unlimited Internet for your grandfathered Express plan is no longer possible. Before the new plans were introduced, you could get unlimited for $10 a month if you subscribed to Cable/Internet/Home Phone. Wireless did not count as a bundled service. Without these three services, the cost was $30, even with a cellular plan. It is now a moot point though since the new plans have been introduced.

If you were to switch to a new plan such as the HF30 or the HF60, you can get an extra 200 GB every month for $15 or unlimited for $25. Once again, there is a deal for bundling. The extra 200 GB is free but you need three of the following services: Cable/Internet/Home Phone/Home Monitoring/Wireless. In other words, with your current bundle of Cable, Internet, and Cell Phone you could get an extra 200 GB at no extra charge if you switch to one of the new bundles. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As stated above, compare things a little differently.

If you have tv and home phone, you will be able to get a 200g bonus for free.
The Rogers 60/10 package is $69 per month but that includes a modem rental fee. Teksavy doesn't do rentals. You can outright buy your modem for Rogers as well.
69-12 less rental fee, you are paying 57 per month... That's actually $2 cheaper than teksavvy and if you are getting the 200g bonus you are getting 320g usage vs 300.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

With the older packages, you did have to subscribe to TV and Home Phone in order to get unlimited Internet for $10. However, it should be noted that with the new packages, you can get the extra 200 GB for free as long as you have Internet + TV and any one of either Home Phone, Home Monitoring, or Wireless. It is outlined here:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-rogers

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:
As stated above, compare things a little differently.

If you have tv and home phone, you will be able to get a 200g bonus for free.
The Rogers 60/10 package is $69 per month but that includes a modem rental fee. Teksavy doesn't do rentals. You can outright buy your modem for Rogers as well.
69-12 less rental fee, you are paying 57 per month... That's actually $2 cheaper than teksavvy and if you are getting the 200g bonus you are getting 320g usage vs 300.

Well Rogers and Teksaavy both rent modems.. The difference is if you rent from Rogers it's forever as far as I know.. Teksaavy you pay it off after a year..   after 6 mos actually at $15/month.. With Rogers and a new plan I'd expect we'd be renting at $8-$12 / month forever.. 

So to confirm if we already have the services we can apply for a new plan (bundle - Internet / TV / Cell phone[above $30)) and get more bandwidth? It's not for new customers only? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, most people i know, who have TSI, always BUY the modem 🙂 (so wasnt going really into rental).  But the rental is ongoing yes with rogers, if you rent.  BUT that also means you have an ongoing waranty as well (vs limited waranty then with a 'bought' one)

Was just trying to say, that it was about even across the board, IF one has the TV and phone as well.

No, the new plans are not for new customers only.
Neither is the BONUS 200g.

I was able to sign up for the new stuff on the 2nd day they were out.

I have had rogers for over 18 years... and was able to call up, and switch to one of the newer plans, and was able to get the bonus 200, with no issues, no commitment, etc.

The ONLY thing to switch over, will depend on WHICH plan you have, and which MODEM you currently have.

For the 30/5 and the 60/10 you need to have a CNG2 or cisco 3825... for anything higher, you need the CGN3.

(its reccomended to get the CGN3 for the 60/10 as well... it will lessen the chance for congestion with the 24 channel)

So you MIGHT need to switch your modem.

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

I don't want to sidetrack this thread but, if I decide to go with say the 60/10 service, I'd expect my SMCD3GN modem to work. I own it and it's capable of speeds far beyond that.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimboden

They wont unfortunately 😞

We all know that the SMC would still be cabable.. (i think it can do up to the 300+ range technically)... but how WELL without running possibly into congestion?

The SMC is only a 4x4.. 
They are only just recently allowing the 8x4's... partially due to the shortage of the CGN3s. 

In the end, its really in their best interest, to have the HIGHER channel # modems on the network, as it will benifit the network for EVERYONE congestion wise.

Could rogers allow the SMC? I would assume so.

But there is nothing the reps or managers can do to allow it.. the systems are locked, to allow the plan, it WONT allow it to be set, if an 'not compatable' modem, so to speak, is on the account.
EG:  I was on 25/2 with the SMC.
Went to go to the 30/5.. they were not able to apply it.  It wouldnt activate on the account, till i gont an 8x4 or higher on the account.

(i went with the 24x one though)

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case, so I'll just stick with what I've got. The SMC is a good modem and it's never given me a single problem in almost 4 years.

I'm an Enthusiast

120 GB a month is a joke nowadays with everyone watching HD video and everything else possible. If you live with two or three other people all using the internet, you can gobble up 120 GB pretty quick. If Rogers wants its customers to avail themselves of all the new services they need to increase the minimum.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 in conversation