Unlimited Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Unlimited Internet

When will Rogers catch up to Bell and the rest of the world?

I have asked Rogers many times about getting unlimited internet to no avail. Now that Bell has offered unlimited at a $10 add on cost, can we expect a competitive offering?

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Promotions/Unlimited-Internet

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unlimited Internet

Um...

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet

Rogers has had unlimited internet addon for the same pricing structure as bell...

Since about MAY of last year.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello User108

Rogers does have unlimited Internet.... Its $10 when you have 3 service ( Cable, Internet and Home phone). Its $30 stand alone for unlimited data

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, Rogers brought in unlimited add-ons the same time Bell did last year. 

$10 if you have a qualifying bundle, $30 otherwise. 

I'm on unlimited user myself so it's very real.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SimplePanda

I am guessing the OP did not search or know Rogers offers it as Rogers is not really advertising it much really. A search on Google would bring it up tho.

I have unlimited data as well.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

And the Rogers Ultimate 250/20 service gives you 1TB per month which is pretty much the same as unlimited for most people.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think MOST people who have the unlimited, would probably be ok with even a 300-500g plan...
But stuff like 80, etc is just not enough.

Really each person needs to compare the pricing, etc.  Obviously at +$10, its a pretty good deal.
At +30, not so much.
BUT.. still can be cheaper, depending on your needs.

Ultimate at $126/m w/1tb, vs express at 65+30=95/m w/unlimited... your still cheaper, IF you dont need the speed. 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

I think MOST people who have the unlimited, would probably be ok with even a 300-500g plan...
But stuff like 80, etc is just not enough.

Really each person needs to compare the pricing, etc.  Obviously at +$10, its a pretty good deal.
At +30, not so much.
BUT.. still can be cheaper, depending on your needs.

Ultimate at $126/m w/1tb, vs express at 65+30=95/m w/unlimited... your still cheaper, IF you dont need the speed. 🙂

This is basically it...

Between the few days a week I work at home (IT so I'm remotely connecting), Netflix/NHL GameCenter/iTunes (we don't subscribe to TV service), VOIP and games (PlayStation Network games downloads and on-line play) we basically use 350-450GB each month. 

We don't NEED unlmited but the really low caps Rogers has on the all of their plans makes unlimited the only option.

Seriously, 150/10 with 250GB is kind of silly. Nice to see a reasonable movement upwards with the 1TB cap on the 250/20 service. As soon as:

a) 250/20 is available in my area of Toronto (High Park)

b) Rogers sells a better qualified device than the CGN3 -or- fixes the CGN3 to make it usable in bridge mode.

I'll upgrade. 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How much would it cost to add unlimited internet (bandwidth) to an express 80gb plan.. I realize these are grandfathered and would prefer not to have to switch plans at all as the new plans provide less bandwidth for the same costs.. I heard if it's bundled it would cost approx $10/month?? $30/month without a bundle? We have cell phone / tv / internet and the bill is outrageous at the moment.. Plus with netflix now and so little bandwidth we can't do anything and would definately not upgrade our internet plan to pay more for such a little increase in bandwidth.. I think we are gonna cancel alot of services and head to TekSaavy soon..

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi Yatti420,

I was just taking a quick look at comparing the services between the two carriers, both Rogers and TekSaavy. One of the Major trade offs I find right away, is they deal on individual services rather than Bundling.

If you are in an area eligible for the sevices, there appears to be much better service options in the current bundles section of Rogers.com through the following link (not usually one to post links but it is to an internal site and generic URL):
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/bundles-rogers

Just from looking at their flat rates for each additional service. Independently, they cost less but as a bundled service Rogers would be more cost effective from what I see.

Keep in mind, this is only blind information without taking into consideration as to what your current location is. I based it off of Ontario pricing since TekSaavy is based in Ontario and Quebec primarily. I would definitly recommend contacting Rogers directly and see what is currently available for options.

Hope this helps. 🙂