cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Canada Wide Calling

Mommakellene
I've Been Here Awhile

What exactly does this entail? I changed my plan today to the new Rogers 85$ Smartphone plan. Does unlimited Canada Wide Calling mean that I can call any one anywhere in Canada and it's free at any time?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unlimited Canada Wide Calling

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes.

you can call at any time of the day.

to any telephone number in canada

From any location in canada.

Any not have any long distance fees.

With it being unlimited, there are no minutes to go over, for extra charges, etc that way.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes.

you can call at any time of the day.

to any telephone number in canada

From any location in canada.

Any not have any long distance fees.

With it being unlimited, there are no minutes to go over, for extra charges, etc that way.

View solution in original post

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Mommakellene wrote:
Does unlimited Canada Wide Calling mean that I can call any one anywhere in Canada and it's free at any time?

Yes and it's a SUPER deal also. Only $85 x 12 + 13% tax = $1152.60 a year. Now THAT is what I call FREE calling.......Smiley Very Happy

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"

Mommakellene
I've Been Here Awhile

Very true! Thanks.

Mommakellene
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks.

Does this mean unlimited incoming calls from Canadian numbers too?

An incomming call, as long as you are in your LOCAL calling area, on any plan, shouldnt cost any long distance, but would use minutes.

But with this, yes, all incomming calls, unlimited amount of time.

This also, saves on any fees from receiving a call when out of your local calling area as well, etc.

Pretty much... ALL calls, in / out, across canada, unlimited usage.

Gummyrabbit
I've Been Here Awhile

If the plan already includes "Unlimited Canada-wide Calling", what is the point of "Unlimited Canada Wide Calling after 6 pm" in the same plan?

May be a legacy from the inbetween times.. before their old plans.. (all minutes) and when they started to offer some with unlimited local, unlimited canada wide, etc... and now, when all are canada wide.

Mine is a unlimited local (but with more data than the same price with unlimited canada wide with the new ones)

I beleive, durring that time, there were plans/addons, where you could have that in eve only (like the old unlimited evening and weekends).

washdougburn
I've Been Here Awhile

I know this is an old post, but I'm a new cell user.

Just so I am clear...  Unlimited Canada Wide Calling means no matter where I am in Canada, I can make or receive calls from anywhere else in Canada with no long distance charges (as long as I am on the Rogers network), correct?

Correct. As long as your phone says ROGERS up at the top or in your settings.. that you are on the rogers network.

You would not pay for ANY minutes (since unlimited)
You would not pay LD fees for incomming, outgoing, etc on any calls made TO anywhere or FROM anywhere in canada.

washdougburn
I've Been Here Awhile
Awesome. Thanks for the speedy response!

Aligr
I've Been Here Awhile
Since this discussion is still fresh...

I have unlimited Canada wide calling and a Vancouver number. I understand that no matter who calls me while I'm in Vancouver (in the 604 area code I guess?) I am not charged long distance, even if it's an international number. I assume the minutes are also covered by my Canada wide calling because I'm in Canada even if the caller isn't?

I also understand that there is no long distance as long as it's to or from Canada no matter where I am physically in Canada, but does that mean my local calling area is anywhere in Canada? For example what if I'm in Toronto and receive a call from the US?

Thank you!!

Micolas
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello Aligr

That's actually a great point to clarify.

How the unlimited Canada Wide calling feature works, it that it extends your local calling area to all of Canada, provided that you are still on the Rogers network. This makes any Canadian number be considered local, regardless as to where they are. This also makes receiving ANY phone call while on the Rogers network anywhere within Canada be considered local as well, even if they are calls that are coming from another country.

This would not affect the amount of local minutes that you would have though, so if you only had 200 local minutes and unlimited Canada wide calling, you would still only have 200 minutes, except you wouldn't be charge for any Canadian long distance even after the 200 minutes were used, just for local time.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Aligr
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Micolas!

NameOfUser
I've Been Here Awhile

So we don't have unlimited calling across Canada according to what you've just said. We have unlimited long distance across Canada. If we had unlimited calls across Canada then our local calls would be unlimited too. There's no reason this should be worded so intentionally misleading.

Only if you had a specific amount of LOCAL mintues listed on your plan, would it possibly be seperate.

This is mostly for OLDER Plans which have seperate listings for local and long distance, and have limited minutes.

If you have a plan with 'unlimited canada wide calling' , you can make as many local and long distance calls as you want.
My wife has that on hers, and has never been charged yet.

NameOfUser
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much GdKitty. That makes more sense now.

tylergow
I've Been Around
My plan is posted below, two phones connected to it. I'm wondering if all of these 'Unltd Shared' options only apply when making calls from one phone to another.

For example do I only have access to the unlimited long distance if I'm calling between the two numbers or do both numbers have access to the unlimited long distance and are they allowed to make calls to anyone/anywhere in Canada.

My Wireless Package
Additional Line Plan - No Tab
Unlimited Eve & Wknd Minutes
Unlimited Shared Minutes
  • Between Us Calling
  • Unltd Shared Text/Pic/Video
  • Billed Usage-Invoice Details
  • Call Display
  • Call Forwarding/Call Transfer
  • LTE Shared Internet
  • Unltd Nationwide Video Call
  • Unltd Shared Canadian LD Mins

Thanks!

Some of the descriptions.. are awful 😞

SHARED usually just means.. if there is a LIMIT (data, or minutes), its shared between the two.

From the top of it.. you get
Unlimited Eve and weekend, unlimited shared mintues...
To me, that would be LOCAL unlimited.. no matter what/where.

Unltd Shared Canadian LD Mins

That to me, says that you have unlimited CANADIAN long distance as well.

So, use no minutes (unlimited) on any calls

And no LD charges as you have unlimited minutes included as well.

At least from what i can see

NewPlanMember
I've Been Here Awhile

Does this mean that Canada Wide Long Distance calls can be made on either phone or just on the one that has the Canada Wide Long Distance described?