Unlimited Canada Wide Calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewPlanMember
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unlimited Canada Wide Calling

Does this mean that Canada Wide Long Distance calls can be made on either phone or just on the one that has the Canada Wide Long Distance described? 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May need a little more info...

You have two phones?

Are they on a share everything plan?

Then BOTH can do unlimited canada wide calling. (assuming your plan has it, and is not the unlimited local, etc)

NewPlanMember
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the prompt response!

Yes, I have two phones on the Share Everything plan.

My iphone Plan Includes

- Unlimited Local Minutes

- Unlimited Sent & Received Messages Text, etc.

-Call Display & Voicemail

-Call Forwarding

-Conference Calling

-Call Waiting 

The second phone (additional line) includes, with the exception of Unlimited Local Minutes, the same features described above plus 

-Unlimited Nationwide Calling

My question (concern) is whether long distance calls can be made with both phones or just the one with the feature specifically described.

Thank you for your help!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Should be..

the share everything plans are kinda wierd..

Maybe @CommunityHelps or one of the rogers Mods can pop in and confirm 🙂

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

There is an easy way to answer this.

If it says "Unlmited Canada Wide Calling" or "Unlimited Nationwide Calling" then you can call anyone in Canada, period, free of charge, anytime.

"Unlimited Local Calling" means exactly that; unlimited calls to anywhere within your local calling area. If you call outside of the area, or receive an incoming call while outside of the local area, you'll be billed long distance.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lockdown2341

But if they are part of the same share everything plan, should they not both have the same?
The user was saying one listed LD and the other only local.

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Not necessarily. The newer Share Everything+ plans allow you to mix and match the calling, so one line could have the nationwide and the other could have the local. The older Share Everything plans prior to September 2015 forced to have either all nationwide or all local.

NewPlanMember
I've Been Here Awhile

I was unable to obtain a definate answer from Rogers - one employee said both phones have Unlimited Canada Wide Calling another one said only one phone would have Unlimited Canada Wide Calling. When the plan was changed, the Roger's employee arbitrarily assisgned the UCWC to the additional line. To find out, we made a long distance call with each phone and the primary line now has an "extra" charge for long distance on the current month's billing notwithstanding the share everything feature. The additional line does not show an extra charge for long distance. The answer is: only one phone has unlimited Canada wide calling....share everything or not!!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, so you would have to change your 2nd phone over to the unlimited then to gain the unlimited.

NewPlanMember
I've Been Here Awhile

That is correct! However, to change the Unlim Can Wide Calling to my primary phone, Rogers needs to change my plan...to one at a higher rate, of course!! I'll pay the long distance charge for the experiment and we'll just use the additional line phone with the Unlim Canada Wide Calling feature and the issue is resolved. New customers or existing customers changing their plans need to know that Unlim Canada Wide Calling will only be available on one phone/line. By coincidence I raised this with friends a couple of days ago and they changed their Rogers plan last month to Share Everything and the Unlim Canada Wide Calling except that they have FOUR phones on the plan and have been making LD calls with all phones. They are checking with Rogers......! Thank you for the reply!