Uninstall application

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Uninstall application

Hey there,

I'm trying to uninstall few of the default applications (example:  Weather App) that came with Z10.  However, when I go into the BBWorld --> My World --> Apps and Games ... I do not see all the Apps listed there for uninstalling; only few of the installed Apps are showing up.  Can someone please explain this?

Could it be a that .... some Apps can't be deleted from the BB10 system?

I'm under the impression that .... to delete something permanently, we need to do that within BBWorld --->My World screen. 

Thanks in advance.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Uninstall application

Hello Toronto_User

Those are built in apps. Those may not be able to ( deleted at all. I would suggest asking this on the CrackBerry forums.
I've Been Around

Try pressing on the app until it "shakes" and if you can delete it, you will see a little trash can in the corner.  tap that and it will prompt you whether you want to delete and you make your choice...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello knitnosh

Even if you do that, the little trashcan will NOT show up on the corner for built in apps like the weather and the rest. This would be best to ask the CrackBerry community OR you can contact BlackBerry and they will give you a proper answer
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys.

I'll post the question on Crackberry and will update this thread if I find the answer.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Further search on this topic on Google ..... and apparently it is not possible to delete some of the apps.   Kindof sucks.

Here is what BlackBerry is saying ...

"Tip: Some app icons on your home screen are part of the core BlackBerry experience. These apps can't be deleted, and the delete icon will not appear on these app icons."

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/amc1344960454867.jsp

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Until OS 7.1, you could hide icons. Sadly, that isn't possible anymore. Like I've said before, the Z10 is a great phone but it's not a perfect phone. 

Cheers.   Smiley Happy