Unaccepted practice of upgrading the wireless device

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unaccepted practice of upgrading the wireless device

As a loyalty, over 10 years, user, I found the recent practice of upgrading the wireless device is unaccepted.

I have switched from a regular Rogers cell plan to a corporate plan for few years. I was told I'll be eligible to upgrade my phone every two years out of my three year contract and extend my contract for another three years when I switched. Because I've always upgrade every two years, I'm equivalently signing a three-year contract for every two years. 

That was the history. More than two months ago, I was looking to upgrade to an iPhone 6 plus and use that as my wife's Christmas gift. I was told everything is just as same old stuff as before and been put on the waiting list. While I patiently waiting my device, Christmas was past and so the New Year. My wife still didn't get the present that I promised until two days ago I checked back on the waiting list on your website. I called back as requested on the website and was told I wasn't eligible to upgrade unless I change to a much more expensive plan! How dramatic is that! 

I found the recent changes unacceptable because:
1. Under the previous contract, I was equivalently signing a two year contract. Why is this new two year contract suddenly affect me?
2. According to your new ads posted on my corporate's website, three-year contract is still existing. Why are you guys kept saying that it's not there any more?
3. When I called the business rep about the upgrade, everything was fine. How come it became a problem after two-month long wait? If the phone was in-stock at that time, I would have got it without any hassle,right? How is that fair to me because it was not me who wanted to wait for two months after all.
4. My college next to me just upgraded his phone  this week without changing his plan. How to explain this?

***Edited Labels.***
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Unaccepted practice of upgrading the wireless device

Hi @, if you still require assistance please reach out to us via Twitter @RogersHelps or at Facebook.com/Rogers

RogersKyleC

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It is really quite simple tomkuang. Rogers does not want to give any kind of deal on an upgrade unless you switch to one of their expensive Share Everything plans at a minimum cost of $80 per month. I found the best solution - switch to another carrier!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just be careful when/if switching to another carrier though.

SOME carriers (like bell, etc) have the SAME minimums in place.

Some of the smaller carriers, do have MUCH better plan pricing.
Just watch out for their COVERAGE area on some.. if you live outside of specific areas, you can get nailed with roaming.

Make sure to do ALL your research first 🙂 Before just jumping on best price.