Unable to register to Spotify with included experience

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All

Trying to add my existing Spotify subscription as my experience to Share Everything Plus. However, when I'm directed from Rogers.com to Spotify's portal to cancel as the first step, I get the following error below. I've tried multiple times with various browsers, but still getting the same message. Also thought I'd mention I use Facebook as my log in credentials for the premium service.

While I do understand this might be an issue on Spotify's side, maybe you guys can reach out and provide clarification.

spotify.jpg

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to register to Spotify with included experience

@kaj

I would like to help you with getting your Spotify linked with your existing account.

I just want to confirm, you have already selected Spotify as your Experience on rogers.com ?

Regards,

RogersAliciaG 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I have already selected Spotify as my experience.

Retired Moderator

Okay.

To link your Spotify account to Rogers you would need to do this at the time you register Spotify as your selected experience. 

First you will  click the register from your MyRogers profile

sp1.png

Then you will select Spotify, and then Select  Log into Spotify 

sp2.png

Once at the log in screen it will give you the option to log in with your Facebook profile.

sp3.png

Are you getting the error message before you reach this point?

Or after you try logging in using Facebook?

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

I Plan to Stick Around

After the steps you mentioned trying to log in with Facebook.

Retired Moderator

Thank you for confirming that for me.

This step would involve canceling your paid subscription.

I would ask that you contact Spotify to help you with this step.

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

I'm Here A Lot

I have read other posts regarding this problem. I spent at least 30 minutes trying to resolve this issue. I have had a rogers login and password for several years. I followed the instructions from the support staff and written instructions sent in an E mail. The last suggestion was go directly to the spotify web site and register there. I did as the operator waited. It accepted me and I could play a song. I thought I was good to go but I realized later that its not the premium paid service and I could only suscribe to a 7 day trial. I went back into myrogers. I see my shomi but not spotify. This is what happens when I click on "CHOOSE EXPERIENCE".....Spotify....

I check off I agree to the terms and conditions and click. A pop up appears and says" Account update required" To complete this transaction please update your MYROGERS profile HERE with a valid E mail address and try again. I click on "HERE" . It takes me to my profile. All the information is correct. E mail overwrite and re-do, tried my wifes E but still get  following message after I hit submit.... We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account therefore cannot complete your request at this time- Try again later.... I have tried every day for 4 days.. It was suggested that the system was possibly overloaded with people ordering the new I phone. Apreciate some help. This Spotify is awsome as I am using the pemium trial and look forward for the next 2 years free!!! 

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @imnor,

Thank you for your patience.

I understand your frustration, we can definitely assist you. If you have used the same email address to subscribe to the 7 day trial, I would suggest deleting that separate trial account then try the "choose experience" option again. In regards to the error message: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account therefore cannot complete your request at this time ..." could sometimes indicate browser settings. Have you tried registering from another PC/browser or try clearing the cache/cookies on the browser you are currently using?

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

I must mention that before I joined Spotify and then the Premium 7 day trial I tried to register to Spotify through MYROGERS from Windows 10 browser EDGE, Google Chrome, My Ipad, and my computer at work. The Rogers suport could not find a solution with me during the phone call and the last step was going to the actual site . I didnt think this was the problem the rought they finally suggested because the messages I mention were the same when trying to register on shomi. This operator was able to get it working by going to my tv. It does show on MYROGERS that shomi has been selected. I have not tried clearing cach/cookies. I am not frustated...Just patient here hoping for a solution LOL.. Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

You're Welcome @imnor and thank's for hanging in there. Smiley Happy

I would like to find you a solution, it looks like I'm going to need to troubleshoot a little further, to do so involves accessing your account. I have sent you a private message from our @CommunityHelps inbox. When you are logged into the forums, please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks,
RogersArthur