Unable to record while performing a show search

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Unable to record while performing a show search

24 hours ago I replaced my cable box (Cisco NextBox) for problem unrelated to this one. Now, when I do a search for a show using the * button on the remote on the right hand side where shows are recommended (Don't Miss Out) there is an error listed "Operation could not be accomplished. Please try again later (7). As soon as I type in two letters to do a search that error changes to same wording but with the number 1 in brackets at the end. No show suggestion appear on the right and so I cannot select one to record.

I have reset the box. I have got onto Chat with Rogers help but they found nothing wrong and said just to wait up to 24 hours. Well, the 24hrs is up and still have the problem.

Yes, I can go to the Guide and record from there but that is not how I like to set shows up to record.

I am located in Ontario, north of Toronto.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Glenn

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to record while performing a show search

I would have hoped that would have been fixed by now.. but i am guessing its the same as what happened when the NB 3 first came out, etc.

Seems like it takes about 3 days, for the serach functi on to start working on the unit after its added to an account 😞

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would have hoped that would have been fixed by now.. but i am guessing its the same as what happened when the NB 3 first came out, etc.

Seems like it takes about 3 days, for the serach functi on to start working on the unit after its added to an account 😞

View solution in original post

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks, yes, it seems it was just a matter of waiting - Sat 11am to Mon 7am.