Unable to make call to office extension

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nambu123
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to make call to office extension

I can't call to my office extension from my rogers home phone , It reaches the office and when asked to dial the extension and extension number entered is not recognised by the system. While i can able to connect the extension from any other phones.

Any special about roger home phone for office extensions?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
joel397
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unable to make call to office extension

Just had a Live Chat and the agent was able to help me upgrade the firmware. Issue solved!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Shouldnt be..

I call my office all the time, and am able to enter extention numbers just fine.

Each phone system could be different though, i guess.. in how they take the number entered (number broadcastes, listens for a specific tone, etc)

nambu123
I've Been Here Awhile

i am new customer , it was working for few days and i remember it was stopped working after i activated voice message

BBOK
I Plan to Stick Around

Running into the same problem here. Home Phone works fine but when typing extensions it doesn't seem to transmit the information. Any ideas?

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @BBOK,

What exactly happens when you try to dial the extension? Do you get disconnected, any message etc.? How long has this been happening since? Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

BBOK
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the quick reply. We have only had RHP for 2-3 months and I cannot say when it started. Wierdest thing though. I was looking through the manual of the new cordless phones looking for a possible suggestions and came across a mention of the usual "reset" suggestion. New cordless phone is a brand new Philips kx-tg787. So I thought why not unplug both the ZTE (RHP) and the cordless and see if it works. After plugging things back in I tried my work number/extension and got my voicemail! I then ran down to my wife to get her to try it and it went to the switchboard!?

The same thing happens when we call her office. Its as if the tone the phone sends cannot be interpreted by the office system.

Will tinker more this weekend when there is no one at work to disturb. Will also try and old corded phone to see if it make any difference.

Baffled

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @BBOK,

Have you tried different handsets over the weekend? Let us know :). 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

BBOK
I Plan to Stick Around

I got distracted over the weekend but I just spent the past half hour trying different things. Long and short of it is "No" I didn't come up with a fix. To rule out the new cordless phones I plugged an old corded phone directly into the back of the RH (ZTE) box and I get the same issues.  In 1 case the recieving phone service must gets some digits because it sends me to a voicemail that I don't recognize. At my wifes work I get a verbal message "I don't recognize that option". Any suggestions?

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @BBOK,

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersHassam 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do u have a corded phone to test