cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

analli8764
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Rogers Game Centre Live subscription included with my phone/cable/internet/cell package and can not use my login information to access NHL GCL in the NHL app on my PS4 or my Apple TV 4 (the new one). On my iPhone app there is a dedicated "Rogers NHL" app which has a Rogers Login section, but the PS4 and Apple TV apps do NOT have that.

How can I login on PS4 and Apple TV?

Anthony

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

@sjb2003 @jadam18@boey @analli8764

You must turn off the VPN.

By running the VPN you're blocking the identity of your IP.  When the IP is identified with a Canadian IP the Rogers NHL app with MyRogers login is triggered.

With the VPN on, you're blocking the Canadian IP from being identified as such, thus triggering the US NHL app with no MyRogers login support.

Also, at this time 'the new Apple TV' otherwise known as 4th Generation is not compatible with Rogers GameCentre LIVE at this time.

We are currently working to have the new Apple TV compatible.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

RogersMoin

Hello, @analli8764

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy 

I've listed below the steps to download the app and sign in for both PS4 and Apple TV, hope this helps. 

NOTE: No VPN, Tunneling or IP Blocking should be in effect. If used, you will not be prompted with the MyRogers login in the Rogers NHL app.

Download the NHL App - PlayStation 4

From the main screen, scroll to the Library and open it

Under TV & Video search for NHL

Select the NHL app logo

A summary page will appear for the application

Select Download.

When the download is complete, you can press Start to open the app.

Sign in with a MyRogers Account (NHL App) - PlayStation 4

Open the NHL App.

Enter your MyRogers Credentials

Select OK.

Download the NHL App - Apple TV

• Select Settings from the main screen
  • Select Main Menu
  • Find the NHL App in the list
  • Use the arrows on your remote to move the selector box over the NHL App
  • Press the Select button (centre) on your remote until the Hide label changes to Show
  • Press the Menu button on your remote until you're back on the main screen.
  • You'll see NHL amongst the available channels.
  • If you don't, restore the Apple TV and make sure that you select Canada as your location during the setup process.

Sign in with a MyRogers Account (NHL App) - Apple TV

• Open the NHL App
  • Select Settings
  • Select Sign In
  • Use the onscreen keyboard and enter your username
  • Select Submit when you're done
  • Use the onscreen keyboard and enter your password
  • Select Submit when you're done

Cheers,

RogersMoin

analli8764
I've Been Here Awhile

Error message on Apple TV is: Unable to sign in. NHL account authentication has failed. Verify that the username and password entered are correct. If the problem persists, please contact NHL GameCenter customer support.

On the Apple TV 4th Gen there is two NHL app available in Canada (As of Nov 3 2015) and you must ensure you download the one called Rogers NHL. Go under the search section of the app store and search for Rogers NHL if you can't find it.

Cheers.

brockgs
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an AppleTV 4. I downloaded the Rogers NHL app and I was able to successfully login with my rogers account. However, whenever I try to view a game I get the error message: "There are currently no products available for purchase in your geographic region. If you already have a subscription for this product, you can either restore the subscription or sign in with a valid account from a valid account on the application settings page".

1. I am logging in using the same username and password that lets me into rogers.com/nhl where it shows that my subscription is active (due to having the share everything cell phone plan that gives free NHL GCL access).

2. Using that same username and password, I can watch games on our iPhones and iPads

3. I have deleted the app, re-installed and re-logged in again. Logs in fine, just gives the same error message.

4. This also happened on my Apple TV 3 where I could authenticate, but it it would never allow watching any games.

5. I have high-speed internet through Shaw in Manitoba. The iPhone and iPad apps sometimes won't show the games unless we turn off WiFi and connect initially directly over a Rogers cellular connection, then we can switch back. Is there perhaps an issue with accessing GCL over Shaw when my susbscription is based on our cell phone plan with Rogers?

When I just called the technical support phone number they said to call Apple as Rogers wasn't responsible for the apps on the Apple TV. Duly following direction, I called Apple Canada who said that they cannot provide technical support for apps built by other companies, including Rogers NHL app.

Help. 🙂

Hello, @brockgs

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for the detailed post, I appreciate all the troubleshooting done. Would you please clarify the following, thank you;

Is it possible to check the set location on your Apple TV 4? 

Are you using non-Canadian DNS servers?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

brockgs
I've Been Here Awhile

The location is set to Canada for the Apple TV.

I am using https://www.unblock-us.com to access US Netflix whereby the router has DNS set to use their custom DNS servers in the US. However, I just disabled that and set the router to get DNS from Shaw directly, restarted the router, renewed DHCP leases and verified on the Apple TV that instead of the 208.122.23.23 DNS of Unblock-US that it was back to  64.59.176.13 that Shaw issues as it's primary (and the secondary was Shaw's secondary). I even restarted the Apple TV again, just to ensure that there was no way DNS could be cached and again verified I was back on Shaw standard DNS servers in Settings -> General -> Network

Still same error being generated.

brockgs
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there a traceroute to a specific Rogers domain that I can run on one of my machines to verify if there is a routing issue over Shaw and/or involving the Unblock-US DNS servers?

Hello, @brockgs

Thank you for trying the local DNS servers. It may not be related to routing, have you tried NHL on a computer? Would you please try to follow this link on a computer and see if you can sign in and watch any game, thank you.

RogersMoin

brockgs
I've Been Here Awhile

No problem watching the game using the link on a computer on the same network with same DNS...etc.

And right now I'm using my iPhone connected via WiFi on the same wireless router as my computer to AirPlay the game over to my AppleTV.

Hello, @brockgs

Thank you for your patience, I can engage the support group on your behalf for this issue. It involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

analli8764
I've Been Here Awhile

I *AM* using the Canadian "Rogers NHL" app. I am NOT using a DNS service however the mobile internet hotspot I'm using IS US-based roaming in Canada (though my IP address is reporting me as being in the US).

sjb2003
I've Been Here Awhile

I have Apple TV 4. Having same issues as others. Downloaded Rogers nhl app. Can't log in. No Rogers log on 

RogersDarrell

Hello @sjb2003

Are you running a VPN when attempting to login?

RogersDarrell

sjb2003
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes l am

I too am having the same problem. Cannot sign in to Rogers NHL app on Apple TV 4 (the new one) but its running fine on my PS4, vita, imac, ipad.... but for some reason the app on the new Apple TV is a no go.

jadam18
I've Been Here Awhile

Im also having the same issue. I've submitted a ticket to Rogers, and waiting still for an answer back. 

RogersDarrell

@sjb2003 @jadam18@boey @analli8764

You must turn off the VPN.

By running the VPN you're blocking the identity of your IP.  When the IP is identified with a Canadian IP the Rogers NHL app with MyRogers login is triggered.

With the VPN on, you're blocking the Canadian IP from being identified as such, thus triggering the US NHL app with no MyRogers login support.

Also, at this time 'the new Apple TV' otherwise known as 4th Generation is not compatible with Rogers GameCentre LIVE at this time.

We are currently working to have the new Apple TV compatible.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

jadam18
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks,

I am still having the issue even when set back to Canadian IP. 

I am able to logon on my computer, ipad, apple TV 3 and phone whether I have a Canadian or US I.P. address. 

For some reason its just my apple TV 4, (logging into the Rogers NHL app) and it says that I don't have a valid subscription, even though it works on all other platforms at home. 

sjb2003
I've Been Here Awhile
I got mine working. On Apple TV set DNS to 8.8.8.8 manual and trying logging in then. After it worked don't forget to reset it to automatically so you can get USA service. I assume you have it set up in your router. Let me know if this works

Smitha
I've Been Here Awhile

Authenticate Apple TV app

I'm trying to watch a local game through my Apple TV (4th gen) but it is blacking it out (because it's a local game). However, I pay for the TV channels (all the sports channels) so my account should be authenticated to let me watch local games. My account is authenticated to let me do this on my IPhone and IPad, but it isn't working on the Apple TV app.

Can you please help? Thanks!