cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

analli8764
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Rogers Game Centre Live subscription included with my phone/cable/internet/cell package and can not use my login information to access NHL GCL in the NHL app on my PS4 or my Apple TV 4 (the new one). On my iPhone app there is a dedicated "Rogers NHL" app which has a Rogers Login section, but the PS4 and Apple TV apps do NOT have that.

How can I login on PS4 and Apple TV?

Anthony

***Edited Labels***

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Unable to logon to NHL GCL on PS4 or Apple TV 4

Smitha
I've Been Here Awhile
As more background, I am able to login to the app. But it won't let me watch a local game. This shouldn't be the case, as my account should be authenticated to let me do so. Thanks!

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Smitha

At this time 'the new Apple TV' otherwise known as 4th Generation is not compatible with Rogers GameCentre LIVE.

We are currently working to have the new Apple TV compatible with all features, the Rogers NHL app will be available on the new Apple TV in the near future. 

RogersMay

dpe94
I've Been Here Awhile

Where is this VPN that you mention?   I do not have any VPN running on my network, on my router or on my PS4.   My GCL went from working one night, to not working the next.  It's been over a week now.   How do I resolve the GCL app from freezing at the NHL loading/splash screen, and the puck cursor spinning and spinning and never getting to the next screen.

Thanks.

Good Afternoon @dpe94,

Just want to clarify some further information. Does it allow you to log in successfully or is the puck cursor spinning when you attempt to log in?

Have you tried removing the app and re-downloading it with the latest version to see if that resolves the issue?

Let us know,

@RogersGabrielle

dpe94
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.   I cannot log in on my PS4.  The splash screen displays, and it never goes any further.  The puck cursor at the bottom of the screen just spins.  I have waited, 15 minutes or more, assuming it would eventually time out and display an error, but it never did.

To be clear, this is only with my PS4.  I can successfully log in with my Xbox 1 and my Macbook pro.  I was successfully using my PS4 (last season, and this season, up to now) without fail.  This just started one night, a couple of weeks ago.

I am not using any VPN software.  I am at my home, with the PS4 I've been using since the PS4 launched two years ago.

I have uninstalled, and installed the NHL Game Center Live app several times.   The odd thing is, I never, ever, get challenged for a user name or password after uninstalling/installing the app.   I have restarted my router and modem and PS4 multiple times.

Please help.  This is becoming an issue for me as I use the PS4 as my primary access to Roger's GCL.

Thanks.

@dpe94

Thanks for clarifying your issue and the steps you have taken already. 

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your account and help you resolve the issue.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

Hi, new to the site. I'm not a Rogers subscriber, I do have 5 Apple products of which Game Centre Live works on them using my NHL account. I bought my subscription to GCL through the NHL site. I work internationally so that was the easiest. My issue is with my 3rd generation Apple TV. I have the NHL app installed on it. I am not using any VPN, it asks me for a Rogers account to login, I do not have one!! I try logging in with my NHL account credentials, it's a no go, It doesn't recognize the NHL login.

Now my 2nd gen Apple TV, works just fine with my NHL login. I don't have to use a Rogers login. How can one work fine the other not..

My iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro all work,fine with my NHL login. 

I am Canadian, I have recently been working in Canada, and I know the Rogers website is always triggered so I'm not using a VPN. My Apple TV is set to Canada. I cannot download the US NHL app as I don't have a US Apple Store account.

Sooooooo, how do I get my 3rd gen Apple TV to work, I'm also getting a 4th gen Apple TV, this I know is not compatible yet, how long before it is? Why are these products sold with software that one cannot use? 

@Sarblade Hello and welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

You mentioned you purchased your subscription to GCL through the NHL website, do you know if you purchased the international or U.S subscription?

Unfortunately we do not have a date to provide however I can say that the new Apple TV will have access to the NHL app in the near future.

Awaiting your response,

RogersMay

Sarblade
I've Been Here Awhile
I think I bought the international, I was in Baku at the time, now I've been moved to St. John's NL, the rigors of a helicopter pilot! It's nice that Apple TV has an app unfortunately because I'm in Canada now, Rogers I guess own the rights to distribute GCL, not the NHL, hence the app only allows Rogers login and not NHL user. It's a shame actually that because I didn't give Rogers their cut, the big company can lock me out to games on an Apple TV! It won't matter if the gen 4 Apple TV has an NHL GCL app on itbecause the same thing will apply, it'll be owned by Rogers! Frustrating to say the least. Apple will lose sales in Canada because of this. I'll get a Chromecast

@Sarblade

Unfortunately, if the subscription wasn't purchased through Rogers, we do not have the tools and required access to troubleshoot the subscription.

Have you tried contacting NHL directly?

RogersMay

Sarblade
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi thanks for your interest, I have not spoken with NHL, like I said before, I have a second generation Apple TV and GCL works fine on it, the app is not a Rogers app, the newer Apple TV all have the new Rogers GCL app, this will not allow an NHL login. I wish I could remove the Rogers GCL app and simply have the NHL app on it, then it would work. Rogers is simply protecting their interest, I get it, but if it's an NHL product, and I have paid for it, why can't I access the product on Apple TV like I can access on my iPad, iPhone, or MacBook Pro.

So I think it's about time that we get some clarity around the NHL Gamecenter App on AppleTV4. 

Why is there a delay in supporting a product the NHL is already supporting? 

More importantly, will the new NHL.tv service be supported at launch on Feb 1? 

I want to assume Rogers has the best interest of it's customers in mind, but the watered down version of Gamecentre  that we are being offered is starting to make me doubt that. 

Please get your priorities in order. 

I'm sure some of the engineers working on your 4K service could be of assistance. 

2007ben
I've Been Around

What was the resolution for this????  Thanks.

Hello @Calgary2016

The Rogers NHL app will be available on the new Apple TV in the near future. Customers with an active Rogers NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscription will be able to login and watch live on their new Apple TV using their existing account.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

dpe94
I've Been Here Awhile

The resolution for me was to reinitalize the PS4.  GCL worked after that.    

I'm not convinced that reinitalization was required.  I _think_ it may have been sufficient to just rebuild PS4 databases.  I don't know, but I wasn't taking any chances.

Hope this helps somebody...

The exact same scenario as described in this chain about the app is happening to me