Unable to login to iPad version of Rogers NHL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unable to login to iPad version of Rogers NHL

I'm having issue with the following:

I'm using an iPad (mini) with the Rogers NHL app.  I attempt to login in under the "Rogers/Subscriber Sign In" tab.  When I specify my username and password I get the following error.

NHL

Username needs to be between 4 and 32 alphanumeric characters.  Period, space and others are not accepted. Or the email address is invalid.

Of note, my username does have a period in it.  This doesn't stop me from everything working on the PC (laptop) or the Playstation.  Both of those devices work with the same username.

If I specify my email address I simply get.

NHL

Sorry, that username and/or password entered was incorrect.  Please try again.

I don't want to change username for the sake of a flaw in the app.  Can someone please provide me with a solution or acknowledge the issue with some kind of incident number.  

Thank you

SM

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to login to iPad version of Rogers NHL

Hello @Twinkles

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently working on fixing this issue with Apple. In the meantime you can log in on any other supported device or through NHL.com. You can't stream through NHL.com on an iOS device, but you can use a computer.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps so we can have a case submitted, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Twinkles

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently working on fixing this issue with Apple. In the meantime you can log in on any other supported device or through NHL.com. You can't stream through NHL.com on an iOS device, but you can use a computer.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps so we can have a case submitted, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been able to use gamecenter on my Iphone, my Xbox One and my computer but it is not working with my Ipad. It keep saying ''Please update to the latest version of the NHL App'' but it's only version I'm able to find and I keep deleting it and re-installing it and it's still not working. I've even reboot my Ipad. Help plz

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi @RogersAsif 

I am having the same problem.  I have 2 periods in my username, and I am unable to log onto NHL app on my iPhone and iPad.   I did not have this problem last year.

Edward

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @edyeeifmx

Thank you for the message. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We're currently working on fixing this issue with Apple as indicated in Post 2.

If you have not had a case submitted for reference, feel free to send a message to @CommunityHelps

Thanks,

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is this issue fixed - I'm also suffering with the same log in issue with my apple devices - I have a period in my user name.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Adding my experience with this issue, which is not solved yet.

I have a period in my MyRogers username as well. I can log into NHL Gamecenter just fine using a web browser.

Trying to log in using the iOS app (iPad or iPhone) gives the following error message:

"The username, email, password, or email address you provided was invalid, please try again"

Is there an update on when we can expect a fix for this issue? Or is there an easy way to change a MyRogers username? I could not see an option to do so when logged into the MyRogers account.

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've also been having this issue since the season started. Having trouble getting an update, I've called in a few times and only one of the tech support folks I reached was even aware of the issue with dots (or perhaps other special characters) in the username.

Can someone at Rogers please comment on the progress with Apple ? I'm on IOS 9.1 / GCL App Version 1.0 Build 5.0930

Thanks !

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Today when I logged into my Rogers account, I was asked to update my username, so it seems Rogers is addressing accounts that are causing compatibility issues. After updating my username, logging into the GameCenter iOS app worked fine.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting, thanks! My email address also has a dot in it though, does yours ?