cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Hitron CGN2-ROG modem

rogpom44
I've Been Around

I'm trying to login to my  Hitron CGN2-ROG  modem at  http://192.168.0.1/login.asp and i'm using the username "cusadmin" and password "password" as instructed on the back of the modem. However, when I try logging in with this login info I get a message saying that the login failed. 

Any idea of what the issue is? Thanks

***edited labels***

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Unable to login to Hitron CGN2-ROG modem

mabromwich
I've Been Here Awhile
Also try the "wifi network password" that you might have just set when you used the rogers quick setup. It automatically changes your router password to be the same as your wifi password. (without telling you I might add).

Hi,

Firstly, my english is nod good, but I will try to explain my problem, sorry about that.

I have the Rogers internet in my home, but the range of this network isn't good. So I bought the CGN2 to make the second network in my room. But the problem is I don't have the password to access the network from this modem. I tried to factory reset but the SSID still same and require the password to login. At the back of the modem, just have id and password to access 192.168.0.1. No more password for access the network. I known that I can access via ethernet cable but my laptop hasn't ethernet port, so I can access only via wifi connection.

Have any idea for this situation?

Thanks

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@phucnb wrote:

Hi,

Firstly, my english is nod good, but I will try to explain my problem, sorry about that.

I have the Rogers internet in my home, but the range of this network isn't good. So I bought the CGN2 to make the second network in my room. But the problem is I don't have the password to access the network from this modem. I tried to factory reset but the SSID still same and require the password to login. At the back of the modem, just have id and password to access 192.168.0.1. No more password for access the network. I known that I can access via ethernet cable but my laptop hasn't ethernet port, so I can access only via wifi connection.

Have any idea for this situation?

Thanks

you can call Rogers and ask them what the current WiFi password is or ask them to change it to a password that you choose. Or you can log in to the modem at 192.168.0.1 

then goto wifi settings and you can change the WiFi password from there.

Alexidark
I've Been Around

I wish Some one else made it easier for me....

SOLUTION : Once I plugged in my router for first time I couldn't connect to internet even though the indicator was  showing that it was synchronized with the server. So I typed in 192.168.1.1 For some reason it let me go through even though the default modem ip address is 192.168.0.1 and it sent me through a process to set up my internet connection. (3 unnecessary steps we all should be able to skip) however couldn't skip the process or cancel. So I set up my new SSID and then I had to set a password for my WiFi. 
When I tried to log in to 192.168.0.1 it wouldn't work  " cusadmin " and " pasword "After I tried many times different default passwords it only worked the one that I set as my WiFi password.

So that would be

Username : cusadmin

Pass : ( your wifi password ) 

Yeah, I noticed that when i swapped my last modem..

I can understand that they did this, to try and make it easier for basic non technical users.. no multiple passwords to remember, etc.

But it should have been more clear.

As well, its a security risk.
You have a friend over, you give them your wifi password without issue.
But now you technically have given them full access to the router...

Always best to then go into the router and set ITs password to something different afterwards.

Doesn't help when password is rejected and a factory reset has already been performed

Xpdpdp
I've Been Here Awhile

The Modem username stays cusadmin

The modem password is the same as your WIFI password. 

🙂

Topic Stats