Unable to login to Hitron CGN2-ROG modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Unable to login to Hitron CGN2-ROG modem

The password gets changed to the new Passphrase that is generated by the USB auto-configuration (that you then use to connect to the internet). No need for a hard reset or calling rogers.

I've Been Around

tried cusadmin   and password on computer . Still won't let me in

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try a modem restart.  Unplug the modem power from the wall socket, wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  That usually cures a reluctant modem.  Beyond that, you might have to run a factory reset and reset all of the parameters after the reboot.

You can also call tech support to reset the password to one that you want to use.

I Plan to Stick Around

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Rogers seems to have recently pushed a firmware update to all these Hitron modems. I have done many hard resets before, and the default username and password would always go back to cusadmin and password.

However, today after a hard reset, I was redirected to a new GUI setup called "Rogers EasyConnect" ... it tested the modem for connection to the internet, then asked me to set up my wifi SSID and password.

After doing this it changed the default login password to the wi-fi password! Took me almost 15 minutes to figure this out -- couldn't imagine why it would do that without telling me!

Just wanted to let everyone know for future reference.

I've Been Here Awhile

The new Hitron modems , Extremly ugly by the way. automatically set the modem access password to your wifi password when you first install.  The 'password' password is no longer used because even during a hard reset you have to first auto setup using the Rogers quick setup tool

I Plan to Stick Around

Guess you missed my post right above yours 🙂

@timomunr wrote:

The new Hitron modems , Extremly ugly by the way. automatically set the modem access password to your wifi password when you first install.  The 'password' password is no longer used because even during a hard reset you have to first auto setup using the Rogers quick setup tool

I've Been Around

If you first go through the Rogers setup routine before accessing the router through 192.168.0.1 the WiFi login password also become the router password!

username: cusadmin

password: wireless_password

I've Been Around

So glad to find this!! Saved my bacon today. Thanks for posting.

I've Been Around

What is this? How do I get a user name and password to log in
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It should be printed on the back of the modem.  Most likely:

username:  cusadmin  ( this cannot be changed)

password;  password   (this can be changed after logging into the modem)

The username and password as indicated above would be in effect after a factory reset.  To do that, depress the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 30 seconds and release it.  That will initiate a factory reset and reboot.  After that, use 192.168.0.1 as your web browser address to access the login page.  You will need to use something sharp like a pen tip to depress the reset button.