Unable to hear callers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to hear callers

Starting today, I have been unable to hear callers.  I have a dial tone, and then I dial a number, and I cannot hear it ringing OR hear the callers answer.  However, the callers can hear me and the calls obviously connect.

I have unplugged everything for 1/2 hour and plugged it all back in and it still does not work.

Any tips?  It worked fine - the last time I used it was 10pm last night.

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Unable to hear callers

I have a dial tone. However when I call any number , I hear absolutely nothing . I don't even hear the phone connect. People say they hear me , but I hear nothing. I have unplugged ,and plugged all handsets. I ha

Hello, skynair10

I've sent you a PM. Please pick it up when you can and respond there. Thank you.

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

Am having same issue, last few days even my internt has been slower then dial up ever was if it is able to connect at all..............the 2 phone calls dropped yesterday and today have dial tone, can hear it dial out then nothing, dead.....tried different phone in case that was case but it doesn't work either............had someone call and try leave msg., they said they did but it didn't come across on my machine.....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If your internet is having the issue as well, its likely a signal issue of some form.

Best would be to call in.. they can hopefully tell you if its something in the area that is wrong effecting a lot of people, etc.  At min, they can schedule someone to come out and take a look.  (they may want you to do all the normal reboot the devices first).

Bad weather, etc can sometimes wreck or damage something, which was connected fine is not now (at the house, at the street, etc).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have another phone you can try with it? (could be something on the phone).

Is the phone connected directly into the back of the modem? or does it go into your house connection then to a wall outlet then to your phone.
You could try plugging right into the back of the modem.

When you did the unplug.. you unpluged the modem as well?  Did you pull the battery out of it?  If not, its still running on battery, and has not done a full reboot.

***Updated Solution:  You can also try doing a pin reset of the home phone modem***