Unable to data signal on Xperia Arc (anymore)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to data signal on Xperia Arc (anymore)

Hello community,

I have had my Xperia Arc (LT15a) for a year. It has been great. Unfortunately, one day I noticed that I was not able to receive any data to my phone. I made sure that my data was enabled, I checked the APN settings to make sure they were correct and I even repaired my phone using Sony's Xperia software suite. None of these have fixed the problem. 

I have been looking for an answer for the past few days. Could this be a hardware issue? Is there something wrong at Rogers' end? I would like to know ASAP so I can find a solution to this. It's unfair that I will have to pay for data which I cannot access.

Thanks!

****Edited Labels****

Other Details:
Running ICS (4.1.B.0.587)
Located in GTA

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unable to data signal on Xperia Arc (anymore)

Hello DdcCabuslay

Have you done a factory reset on the phone & see if that will help it? Also have you contacted Rogers to make sure the data is correct & its on the plan like it should be? Sometimes that happens.

If its a hardware issues, Rogers nor Sony can fix it for free. There will be a cost as the phone is out of the warranty period & the warranty is done ( 1 year warranty comes with all the phones.)
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Meowmix

Yes I have tried a factory reset and that wouldn't solve the issue. I will probably head to my local Rogers store this weekend and talk to someone there about it. I have checked my plan on My Rogers and it is correct.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DdcCabuslay

That is the only way to know. It could also be a inproper APN that is not letting you access the internet. Rogers reps will know better as they will have the phone in their hands and such.
I Plan to Stick Around

What are your apn settings?

Do they confirm with the settings here: www.rogers.com/unlocked

Also, does wifi data work?

I've Been Here Awhile

My APN settings are the exact ones that I have used since I first got my phone. Haven't changed them. I went to the link you sent me to confirm that my APN settings were correct and they were, but I still have no data. Wifi works fine because it isn't related to celluar data.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DdcCabuslay

Have you spoken to Rogers yet about this issue? They may be able to help you as the phone may not get data. Its not a warranty issue UNLESS its deemed to be a warranty issue. Go to the local Rogers store & see what they say.

All your APN's are correct & you did a factory reset. Your software OS should be up to date so there should be something else causing this.

WAIT - have you gone into settings to see if the Mobile Network has been enabled? See if that is on.
I've Been Here Awhile

I stopped by a Rogers store today, but the representative could not fix my issue. He told me to call *611 and to see whether the problem is on Rogers side.

Yes. I can assure you my mobile network setting is enabled. I guess I have to call and find out.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DdcCabuslay

That is your ONLY option unless you contact Sony Xperia hotline & see if they can do anything ( They may help even tho you may not have warranty left.)