Unable to change plans through selfserve site

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Unable to change plans through selfserve site

Hello ggaleazz

That's why they have the link. It redirects you to call them or use live chat to do it. Its not really silly unless you like someone going into your account and changing your plans without you knowing. Safest and best way is to contact Rogers via Live Chat or phone and change it like that.

I do miss changing plans online but a lot had problems with people logging in and changing it without the account holder knowing.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why doesn't Rogers allow changes to packages (e.g., Internet, TV channels) as a self-service function online?  Customers are required to call or initiate a chat session. I find this terribly inconvenient. Perhaps a fear that people will start cancelling too many things if they make it that easy. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jimi99

They used to have this a few years ago. Its not really the fear of people cancelling things but more of security reasons i find. Not all service providers allow their customers to change plans / add ons or cable packages online instead they have the customers contact them to do it.

I do wish this feature would come back tho.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As meowmix said, mostly for security.

The same login which services the account is the one for the Rogers on demand, etc which is sometimes given to children for tv access, etc.

Could to easily have a kid go in and add a whole bunch of stuff