Unable to change plans through selfserve site

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unable to change plans through selfserve site

Hi for a number of months now, everytime I attempted to change my plan (wireless or tv) I get a pop up stating that I should call customer service or use the chat option.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Has Rogers removed the self serve account management from their site?

Previously I had been able to click change my plan and 'at least' see what options I had, now I do not.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Unable to change plans through selfserve site

When I try and change my plan online through rogers.ca after selecting the plan I want it won't let me continue. The continue button is grayed out...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello trungh

Are you talking about Cellphone? Home phone? Internet? Cable?. You need to be more specific here to have us to help you out.

You can always give Rogers a call & ask the CSR to change the plan to what you want. They can do it without any issues.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I believe you need to phone customer service about this. cause every time I go to change my plan it tells me to phone customer service.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello diveman1980

You are correct. They changed it now depending which service you want to change. You will have to contact Customer Service & the rep will be able to assist you more.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ggaleaz

Sadly yes. Rogers has removed that option on everyone's accounts. You will need to call in and change it via phone or store. I think they did this for security purposes as anyone can log into your Rogers account and change plans and such.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When meowmix says anyone..

I think what he was meaning was.. the myrogers login, etc.. is shared amongst many things.
RoD/Anyplace TV apps, as well as the login for the account info, etc.

There are many people who allow their kids to watch TV stuff on the on demand on the computer/tablets, etc.. and so those kids may have the login for that.

It can be a security risk then, for them to be able to just log into the myrogers site, and start changing things without consent.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That's stupid and a step backwards for the customer.. thanks a lot rogers!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Martin_g

While it is, its also a security issue as someone can log into your Rogers an d change plans and or remove your account. So this way you call in, give your information and do it like that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still seems rather silly, even if it is a security issue.  Where is the notification that you still need to speak with a rogers agent in order to change plans?  Instead they show a link which says "change your plan" apparently that link will lead you to the ability to change your plan on your own, instead it directs you back to a phone number or live chat.  Just remove the link all together and say you must contact rogers through phone/live chat to make changes...