Ultimate 1 Terabyte available in your area? Retention lied to me and ripped me off!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ultimate 1 Terabyte available in your area? Retention lied to me and ripped me off!

Dec. 20th I spoke with retention and told them I wanted to change internet services to another provider as I want to upgrade my home internet speeds and was reaching 120gb/month download usage on my Extreme Package with Rogers.

She said she could offer me Ultimate with 1 Terrabyte/monthly usage with up to 250mbps download and 20mbps upload at 25% off for a total price of $95 all in with modem rental, a $30 increase over my Extreme package pricing of $65/month all in. 

I was happy to have the new download speeds, and peace of mind of knowing I wouldn't have to worry about overage costs. 

Today, Jan 4th, I called in as I've been receiving fair download speeds at 130mbps, however only 1.73mbps upload, not the 20mbps she quoted me and as shown on website. 

After waiting on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes, the Rogers employee on phone states I am only receiving their modified version of 'Ultimate' and have an allowance of 250gb per month, NOT 1 Terrabyte and speeds of only 75mbps download and 4 mbps upload (this package is not even listed on Rogers website - . ? 3).

After paying for the last month thinking i'm receiving the Ultimate speeds advertised on website and speeds retention at the time explained were 250 down, 20 up and 1TB/month I was confused and felt taken advantage of as a consumer, let alone lied to. I felt like someone at a car dealership told me I was getting a mustang with a v8 motor in it, paying v8 motor price, to get home and find out I actually got the v6 motor, but still paid v8 price. Are you kidding me? If I never popped the hood of the Mustang, maybe I would never have found out, just like if I would have never called in today to look into my poor upload speeds, I would have never found out I was ACTUALLY only getting 250gb/month, the whole reason I wanted to leave Rogers last month. 

Sales rep today transfers me to retention again to explains Ultimate with 1TB/month is not available in my area even though it shows on their website postal check I qualify (I live in DOWNTOWN TORONTO). At this point I had waited on phone 2 hours and 21 minutes. She credits me $20 (remember, I was paying $30  less a month before retention convinced me a month ago to stay with them, not go to Bell Fibe who offers better speeds, and to take advantage of the 1TB/month with their Ultimate Package).

She reassures me she is making note of issue and is going to look into why 1TB/month is not available in my part of Toronto, even though it shows on postal code availability check on their website it is available. She says it doesn't populate in their system to have that Ultimate package as an option. (How is that possible when retention less than a month ago told me this is what I was going to get if I upgraded). She makes a note to call me when issue has been looked into.

So much for being satisfied thinking I was paying for 1TB/month. What a let down. A let down that would have gone unoticed if I didn't call in today to try and fix my pathetic upload speeds of under 2mbps (Bell is minimum 10mbps upload with all but one of their services)

Does anyone here have the true Ultimate package listed for Ontario residents of 1TB/month usage allowance at 250mbps download and 20mbps upload? Was anyone told they'd receive these speeds and month usage allowances to later find out no, thanks for paying the price for the package but indeed its not available in your area. 

Thanks,

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ultimate 1 Terabyte available in your area? Retention lied to me and ripped me off!

On another forum I have heard of one person switching. But that yes it was in restricted areas for now.

I bet the first rep you talked to was lazy... Looked up your postal on the same you looked at and never tried applying it till after you were off the phone, and it didn't work (as the 2nd rep tried). I always try and stay on the line and make sure it's fully applied, before I hang up. (Usually updates pretty quickly on the website so check there before I hang up)

That price tho hasn't changed from before tho. Unfortunately it's the same price weither you are on an old ultimate, the regular 150, or that new one (based on hardware, area, etc). So many people pay the same for less 😞

They should break it down, even if it's 10 less for the older ultimate.

Hopefully you can get this resolved.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ultimate 1 Terabyte available in your area? Retention lied to me and ripped me off!

Exatcly same case here....i was offered  250Gb Ultimate but when i did speed test i got only 70-80Mbps down/2Mb-Up .Sometimes i can't get even 2Mbps Up.Now i trying to upload 20mb song to sound cloud-no way!!

After couple of times back and forth between customer support and retention dept i was told that is my  Ultimate some kind of "Lite" version since i got it cheaper than real ultimate.However, its worst than express 

Edit :

Just did speedcheck....2.45 dwn /0.41up ....hour ago was at least download better -70-80Kbps.

Blazing fast internet 🙂 ....

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3208794246

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got off with live chat about this very subject - I wanted to u/g to the Ultimate 1TB package for $125 but it's not available in my postcode yet (Ottawa).

The check told me I could have the Ultimate package (same name) which gave me 150 u/l 10 d/l and 250 useage for the same price - which I thought can't be right. the 2 packages are worlds apart but cost the same???

The csr told me that was true and she couldn't change the packages.

I asked when the 1tb service would be in my area and she couldn't say.

So Rogers are expecting me to pay for a service, not get that service and wait for an unknown amount of time before the service I am paying for gets rolled out? It's akin to buying a BMW 7 series and being told to drive a 3 series because the 7 isn't ready yet but still paying for the 7.

CRAZY!

If Rogers put in place an interim charge or say $99 until the service is available I'd sign up - as it is it's a 100% rip-off.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What you need to understand..

Is the PREVIOUS verision of that tier.. the 150.. was the SAME PRICE.

For people in an area where it is available.. the 250 is essentially a FREE upgrade.

So really you would not be paying more for a lesser service.. you'd be paying the same as you woud have been before the change... its just everyone gets a free upgrade once its available in their areas.

(if you dont need the SPEED specifically.. and more the usage.. you can get the unlimited addon.)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this a joke? Its saying 150/15 is not available, but when I checked a month ago for the 150/10 plan it said it was available. Ironic because I am able to get speeds up to 15mb/s when downloading (150mbps) I am currently on a 2 year 75/3 ultimate plan wich is ending in less than 2 months, and I wanted to get either the 150/15 or 250/20 plan as they are currently offering 55% off. The availability finder tells me neither is available in my area. I am assuming this has to do with the upload speed more than it down the download speed. Why cant I just be given the 250 down plan with just 10 up? I don't see why they just cant activate the plan on my account and let me max out what ever upload speed is available to me. I am 100% sure the infastructure is available for 250 down as it would be no different than the current 75mbps plan that I am on.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i would also like some clarification on this.

I currently have the same package as you, and all that is offered in my area is 60/10

I just dont understand how the 'fastest' internet in my area offered is less than half the dl speed of what I currently have, the part that is the most aggrivating is I am paying 157.49 for 150/10Unlimited when 250/20Unlimited is 125.99

THIS IS ABSOLUTLY UNACCEPTABLE.
At the VERY LEAST I should be able to get the 150/15Unlimited which is 110.00

To try and tell me that 60/10 is all that is available is a joke when I already get twice that.

So rogers, ball is in your court, try and explain this one to me.

@RichardA wrote:

Is this a joke? Its saying 150/15 is not available, but when I checked a month ago for the 150/10 plan it said it was available. Ironic because I am able to get speeds up to 15mb/s when downloading (150mbps) I am currently on a 2 year 75/3 ultimate plan wich is ending in less than 2 months, and I wanted to get either the 150/15 or 250/20 plan as they are currently offering 55% off. The availability finder tells me neither is available in my area. I am assuming this has to do with the upload speed more than it down the download speed. Why cant I just be given the 250 down plan with just 10 up? I don't see why they just cant activate the plan on my account and let me max out what ever upload speed is available to me. I am 100% sure the infastructure is available for 250 down as it would be no different than the current 75mbps plan that I am on.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont always trust what the online thing says.. its not always accurate.  (IE it says my boss's area couldnt get it.. but by calling in, they said yes it is)

IF you currently have the 150 plan, you should be able to switch over to the NEW 150 plan, no issues.

As for the 250 plan.. thats a bit of a different story.. even was before the recent plan switch.
for the 250 to be available, certain network upgrades need to be done in the area, before the 250 will be able to work there.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow...you are paying quite a bit there....

I am currently on the 75/3 and am paying $38 thats tax included. Currently there is 55% on all internet plans excluding the 350down plan. You should look into maybe trying to grab that discount. A buddy of mine just recently got the 150/10 for $38 with unlimited downloading free of charge. Don't ask me how he got it, but he did. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That was the old rate, for the full 150 plan he has.

(now cheaper under the new plans.. only stipulation is having the CGN3 modem now more enforced)

each person needs to call in individually, and see what is offered.
Special pricing, may not be available in all areas, and some pricing may be bases off what other services, past/current discounts, etc that you currently have.