cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB port uses?

NewToNextbox
I've Been Here Awhile

How do you find out what features are available for the USB port? I have a model 9865HD. Any manuals I have found online do not describe features available for the USB port.

***Edited labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: USB port uses?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Plug in a cord for a phone charger.. and use the 5v off it to charge the phone.

THAT, is about it 😞

Generally, the port is there for 'future usage' type thing which often never comes along.

There was some documentation on the PREVIOUS version where there was suposed to be in the long run DLNA playback/server, which might have used it.. never came around.

Though..

I GUESS that you should be able to use the USB for a HDD extender... though its HIGHLY recomended to use a ESATA instead.

NewToNextbox
I've Been Here Awhile
I guess that explains why I couldn't find any documentation. I'm not familiar with the term ESATA. Please explain. Thanks.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@NewToNextbox wrote:
I guess that explains why I couldn't find any documentation. I'm not familiar with the term ESATA. Please explain. Thanks.

SATA is an interface spec for hard drives.

eSATA is  an externally connected SATA drive.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To expand on Lurkers post

SATA is the most common hard drive connection used in most machines now a days.

eSATA is the external version of this.  Some external hard drives, use this connection.

They are PREFERABLE for use, just for the case of that the TRANSFER speed across that type of connection, is much faster than USB normally.

senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

Didn't Rogers have a keyboard option at one time that never caught on?  I seem to remeber that Rogers stores had them on display a long time ago.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation