US Travel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

US Travel

I spend six months a year in the US and want to use my iPhone 4S to run apps using WIFI. I don't want to incur roaming charges by accidentally connecting to a network. I've thought of "airplane mode" or removing the SIM card.  Any advice?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: US Travel

turn it off from automatic carrier by letting it search then manually tapping your carrier while in their coverage, upon leaving coverage it will popup telling you to change settings to get coverage or dismiss, or as you said remove the sim, or set a pin on the sim, remove it, then reinsert it, do not unlock it & it will remain as "locked sim" where the carrier name is(impossible to loose the sim that way).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

turn it off from automatic carrier by letting it search then manually tapping your carrier while in their coverage, upon leaving coverage it will popup telling you to change settings to get coverage or dismiss, or as you said remove the sim, or set a pin on the sim, remove it, then reinsert it, do not unlock it & it will remain as "locked sim" where the carrier name is(impossible to loose the sim that way).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks!