Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

2,250 REPLIES 2,250

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BS wrote:

@RogersMargaret  Thanks for the update, as you have been advised by upper levels.  The clarifications are appreciated.

Only one minor comment on your posted message.

The sentence, "Customers will have the option to review the changes, or skip right to watching live TV."

I would suggest that we will have little choice but to review the changes, then figure out how to use them before we can get to watching live TV, unless we decide to just jump in and learn through trial and error. Smiley Happy

When I get the new build, I will review and make comments on the product.

Bruce

We know how many people actually DONT read the manual anymore 😛 for just about anything.

The number of people i find people get a new product.. they cant do X.. and the first thing they do is complain (usually online).  
If they had read the basic instructions, they would have found out quickly.

Though, in these cases.. the Navigatr issues/fixes.. required much more than a basic manual read 😛

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

So the feedback from the people that already have the update is just starting to roll in and  the full rollout starts next week.Hmm what could possibly go wrong?

@robindp wrote:

Hello @molly222,

I had a cable technician (supervisor) visit me today, and he commented that the 'fall update' would be released *starting* this Sunday. 

He did not say if this was for all customers, or just for those customers in my area (Brampton)...

Hello all,

I received the guide update early this morning (2am) on all my NextBox cable boxes (9865, 8642 and HD terminal).  Check out my post in the "NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment" thread - link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message....

I included screenshots and my initial impressions - I am very interested in hearing what the rest of the community thinks of the new update.

JKnott
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@robindp wrote:

I am very interested in hearing what the rest of the community thinks of the new update.

While better than it was, zoom still needs work.  When zooming a letterbox show to fill the screen, it's both too wide, cutting off the sides and too short, with black bands top and bottom.  Why is it so difficult to implement this simple 4:3 ratio.  My 4250 terminals and the 8300HD I used to own have no problem with zooming.  Do the people who do the software ever look at a working box???