Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

2,250 REPLIES 2,250

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

remaxman
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Going into week 3 with no on demand after the navigator upload. Pretty sad.
Steve

I hate this new guide a pvr listings. It is very hard to go through to set up everything to record and doesn't give you a good way to see I there are conflicts. I have had a lot of shows not record because of this. I have also had my pvr freeze. I have even woken up to things still recording that should have been done hours before. I also find it very very slow. I took me over an hour to set my weeks worth of shows to record. You can't even look on the list to see what tim each show is set to record without actually clicking on each show. I am so ready to find a new cable company. It shouldn't be a job to set up the pvr.

rgottinger

@carriedoughty wrote:

I hate this new guide a pvr listings. It is very hard to go through to set up everything to record and doesn't give you a good way to see I there are conflicts. I have had a lot of shows not record because of this. I have also had my pvr freeze. I have even woken up to things still recording that should have been done hours before. I also find it very very slow. I took me over an hour to set my weeks worth of shows to record. You can't even look on the list to see what tim each show is set to record without actually clicking on each show. I am so ready to find a new cable company. It shouldn't be a job to set up the pvr.

Not sure what box you have but I do roughly the same thing setting up a week's worth of recordings and it takes maybe 5 minutes to change the days and setup about 15 shows on my 9865HD,

There's a petition at Change.org to have Rogers roll back their new Navigatr guide.

https://www.change.org/p/rogers-com-rogers-please-rollback-navigatr-for-nextbox

lensman

Well, I added a comment but I didn't see anywhere to "Sign the Petition" as I have on others. So, I'm not sure how "votes" are being tallied.

Edited: I see the petition was started 6 months ago. The "Sign Petition" button no longer exists because of this fact, I guess. Other petitions on the site clearly have theirs.

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@lensman wrote:

Well, I added a comment but I didn't see anywhere to "Sign the Petition" as I have on others. So, I'm not sure how "votes" are being tallied.

Edited: I see the petition was started 6 months ago. The "Sign Petition" button no longer exists because of this fact, I guess. Other petitions on the site clearly have theirs.

Interesting. I signed it just a couple of days ago (I was actually #100 if I recall), and the so too did my wife. But as you said there is no longer a place to sign, just to prmote the link. Can't imagine what happened. 

DrMike
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Petition

I just noticed that I was logged in on the petition site and so of course it would not let me vote again. When I logged out and went back to the petition, it gave the full dialogue for signing.

Tmothy12
I'm a Regular

This is really annoying, I specifically set the box to record a series and end 5 minutes after the scheduled ending so it doesn't get cutoff (which often happens). But the box randomly picks and chooses when it does and doesn't record the extra 5 minutes leaving me with cutoff endings on random recordings.

I thought the Navigatr issues were over. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Also where is the ability to select multiple recordings in a folder to delete?

CC
I Plan to Stick Around

@jjmartin

I had the same problem and deleted the wrong program instead of the one I just finished watching.  Old system used to take you to the options for the recording you just watched and at that point you could delete it or leave it on you PVR. Now it takes you back to the list of recordings and it is easy to make a mistake.

The more I use NAVIGATR the more I HATE it. I want the old software back. I am at the point where I might leave rogers when my contract is up.

Bye Bye.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, I have added that issue to my 'known issues' list... so something then for the mods to take forward when submitting issues.

Agreed, it should have the 'pop up' like it did prior.. so then you have the option to delete there..
Fine, if it wants to then go to the TOP recording.. whatever.. but you have deleted already..
(vs it now going to the TOP one, and people thinking that THAT is the one they just watched and deleting it)
Maybe even in the interim as well... some sort of WATCH notifier.. so you can see if the one you are pressing delete on, has a watched icon on it or something)

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lensman wrote:

That's odd. I don't see a "Sign Petition" button either, but I think that's because my cookies say I've already signed.  Just to be sure, I opened the link in a private window and the "Sign" button is indeed there. I see a lot of older petitions still open on change.org with thousands of signatures.

What shocks me is that this petition still only has just 119 signatures at present, which is statistically insignificant. If Rogers were to look at it, they could conclude it's the same 100-odd complainers out of their millions of customers and can safely be ignored.  I would suggest that every dissatisfied customer with Navigatr spread that link far and wide.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Discovered a glitch with the newly installed Navigatr software.  Here's the use case:

1. Watch recording.
  2. Pause recording.
  3. Press rewind while the show is paused.
  4. Recording exits to Live TV.
  5. Return to recording.
  6. Recording is reset to beginning.  No option to Resume Recording.

I am totally fed up with NAVIGATR. I am about ready to jump ship to a compeditor.

Does anyone know if anything is being done to clean up the mess that has been created. Difficult to navigate, imposible to live with. Very unfreindly to users. 

Cush
I Plan to Stick Around

Regarding the Change.Org petition. 

"What shocks me is that this petition still only has just 119 signatures at present, which is statistically insignificant. If Rogers were to look at it, they could conclude it's the same 100-odd complainers out of their millions of customers and can safely be ignored.  I would suggest that every dissatisfied customer with Navigatr spread that link far and wide."

I don't know why others have not signed, but I know why I did not.

Signed one of these for a very worthy cause a few years ago. 

Then they started emailing me with other causes that they thought I might like to support. 

I try to be very careful with my email address.

I think the petition that Rogers should be paying attention to is the thousand(s) or so complaints they are receiving through these forums.  It is a pain to switch to another provider, but if they continue to ignore these complaints customers will vote with their wallets.  They are showing a strange, callous attitude to customer satisfaction.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cush Yes, change.org is not the best site for this kind of petition. I've got the same kind of spam from them. If you check out their other petitions, they're mostly all bleeding heart lefty causes.

park
I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

We are talking about PoP, the side-by-side pictures, which are significantly smaller on the 9865 with Navigatr. Perhaps the 8642 was not so affected?  We are not talking about PiP, which is the same as before.  You can check out the PoP by repeated presses of the "move" button.

Its been so long (since last July 28) I do not recall if RTN had PoP (ie 2 same sized side-by side)

but I do not think the July 28 version had it.  Anyway, yes the PIP seems smaller than I recall.

park
I'm an Advisor

Q: Did Rogers download an update last night ?  Did anyone need to reboot today ?

In the Settings screen the Espial browser is up to  version 60.0.8 - 1.1.90

One of my NB3s was acting strange today (Location MIssissauga).

It was slow, had difficulty accepting and responding to key-hits, did things I did not ask.

Trying to record a program for later in the day was nearly impossible.

Rebooted and seems to be OK.

Other NB3 froze couple times while I was checking on the new Reality Show on CNN.

(Donald Trump Declares Himself Emperor). Had to change channels to unfreeze, but I missed 

a few precious moments (fortunately they were repeated several more times in the next hour or so).

Q: Is there no way for Rogers to verify the integrity of the installed software every night?

It is the 21st century and this kind checking has been common practice since before DOS.

ALDK
I've Been Here Awhile

I have phoned Rogers , and was told to go to myrogers feedback and write my concerns. First are you going to make the writing larger in the so called new and improved navigator bar. The old one was way better in all respects, including the recorded guide. But my main concern is when you set a reminder, it no longer changes automatically. This is discriminating against a lot of handicapped people. People with rheumatism, arthritis, severe vision loss, dementia, and in my husbands case quadrepligic. I used to look through the guide every day, and set reminders, so he would not be watching the same channel all day. For us, as with so many other people, this is a very important feature, and I need to know if you are bringing this feature back, and when!!?

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @ALDK,

I am with you here - was recently diagnosed with something which, when it flares up, results in NASTY swelling on many joints and swelling of the hands. For this reason, I would really like to see the channels auto-tune upon reminders, as they did before. 

anne_fred
I Plan to Stick Around

is Rogers on a tight budget???  Is that why it takes forever to get a live person either on live chat or on the phone???

I would describeNextBox Navigatr with one word SLUGGISH

Rogers seriously needs to go back to the drawing room with this one and at the same time give customers a refund

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp, @ALDK where mobility is concerned, you may contact CRTC and make a complaint.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact.htm