Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

2,250 REPLIES 2,250

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Don, just a reminder that I am an end-user, like you (not a Rogers employee).  I do agree that the TV mix channels have limited utility (sports is kind of cool, shows multiple games at once). 

You can go ahead and block those channels from appearing in the guide, so you don't see them.

As for why the News and Sports mixes show 'not subscribed' - you should call into Rogers (1-888-ROGERS-1) or tweet @RogersHelps on that one - you should be receiving it.

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around
I don't have an iPad/iPhone or Android device. Rogers sells Blackberry's....where is the app? It isn't in Blackberry World or Amazon.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_T wrote:

When you hit "Menu" there is an option for "Recorded" tv shows.  To see what is scheduled you have to sort/filter, choose scheduled, then save.    Too many steps unless I'm missing an easy way to do it.  Is there a better way to see what is schedlued?

Instead of including "Guide" in the Menu (Guide has it's own separate button on the remote), why didn't they include recorded and scheduled recordings in the Menu list?

Having the program pictures is a waste of space.  Was better when it was linear showing date, time, and program list.  

When you select one of the program pictures for "scheduled", nothing happens when you hit the "Info" button on the remote.  Info should show basic information as to what channel and time it will record.

The sort & filter option is the only way to see JUST all the scheduled ones on the one page, at least what shows HAVE sheduled recordings.

Under the regular sort, these should show as well.. but as well as other items which are just recordings, etc.

To EDIT your scheduled recordings..  you hit select to go into the tile for that show
If there are recordings, they will show there on the first spot when it opens. (non, if there are none).
You press UP to go up to the recordings tab, then allows you to go over to the sheduled tab.
From there, can select the specific scheduled one to manage.

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm in "Scheduled" to see what is about to record. The display shows the call sign for the channel, but not the channel number. I have to exit and search the guide. Would be better if the info display showed what channel number is that will be recorded.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

@Don_T: FYI - Rogers sells all devices you mentioned.  That said, I don't see Rogers Home Edition or Anyplace TV anywhere in the Blackberry World website.  Not sure about Amazon...anyone else know if these apps are available via Amazon?

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand this is a user supported forum but hopefully Rogers reads the posts.

I'm not impressed by this software upgrade.  I work in IT and I don't find it user friendly or intuitive.  In my opinion, this isn't an upgrade.

Calling Rogers support to get access to TV-Mix feature that I can't customize isn't worth the time on hold.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Also an IT guy, and agree re: guide not being user friendly or intuitive - you will find everyone on this thread agrees with you.  I still recommend tweeting RogersHelps - they will ask you to Follow/DM then help.

My experience - 4-6 hour turnaround after you send initial DM.  Quickest & most efficient method of reporting issues to Rogers 'in writing' and getting answers with minimal effort.

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around
Do they offer work arounds or do they just say that the software can't do it?

robindp
I'm an Advisor

For a TV mix problem? That is something you can just tell them and ask them to fix - they will ask you to reboot the box, etc etc.  Since you probably already did that, just tell them as much in the DM.

RogersHelps via Twitter should be able to 'refresh your account' (thier terminology) and fix the problem from the Rogers end.

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around
I think it is more of a functionality issue (being able to customize the "mix") rather than get it to work they way they designed it, which doesn't do anything for me. Same with my issue with what is displayed on the scheduled recordings screen (channel call sign rather than channel number). It is probably the way it is, rather than being able to customize.

malcolmd
I Plan to Stick Around
We now have channels 100 and 300 workimg properly. Still no Settings menu though.

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Don_T,

My response to you was about the TV mix news and sports not working.  The customization question cannot be fixed, it is by design.  If you want to get your TV mix news and sports fixed so that you can watch them as Rogers provides them, Twitter DM is you best and fastest bet.

Gerim
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no OD for me. However I have always had "settings". Maybe this is all a plot to teach us to share. lol.

mpfc75
I Plan to Stick Around

@Don_T wrote:
Do they offer work arounds or do they just say that the software can't do it?

@I've sent them quite a few tweets and read lots of Navigatr tweets from other customers.  From my observation, @RogersHelps will either send the customer to:

1. the FAQs (which as we know are out of date and also somewhat inaccurate)
  2. the recorded videos (which are very well produced but skirt around the issues we have been encountering)
  3. this Community Forum to read thru 1000+ posts to hope to find their answer

Or they say they are sorry the customer isn't enjoying the new Navigatr and tell them their comments are being forwarded on to the support group.

Rarely, if ever, do I see a correct workaround described. But as we know there are few workarounds anyway.

Funny thing, on the weekend I saw a tweet from a customer asking how to turn CC on for recorded shows. RogersHelps asked them if they had tried enabling CC prior to recording.  I offered the workaround (go to live tv, turn on CC, go back to recorded show) and I was told by RogersHelps that that didn't work on the latest version of Navigatr. I told them I was on software version 6.0.0.0131 and they said I wasn't on the lastest version which they said was 0132.

I still don't have 0132 but I asked tweeted them "You mean the very latest #navigatr update breaks the workaround to the CC problem that has existed for over 6 months?" No reply to that tweet.

Anybody on 6.0.0.0132 and can test if the CC workaround is now broken?

Tom45
I've Been Around

Having a senior day! How do you record an event happening in 3 weeks time with the Nav.3?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its probably going to take me another day or so to finish putting it together.. (a lot of formating/images).

But i am trying to put together a guide, with a number of images, etc..

Trying to include all the different ways of doing things, how to navigate the menus, where things are.

As well as things like the CC workarounds... where there is no TRUE solution yet 😞

(I am not able to check my software v. right now.  my GUESS is that the person who answered you,  is most likely just not aware PERIOD of that there is the work around.  If i can check my v later and test, i will try and get back if i can)

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Tom45 wrote:

Having a senior day! How do you record an event happening in 3 weeks time with the Nav.3?

You cant. 😞

You really NEVER have been able to, on any of the guides... RTN (the previous one) or SARA (the original)

The guide data never really went that far in advance.

rgottinger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How was that possible before? The guide showed only 1 week.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Tom45, @Gdkitty is right. On my SA8300HD I can schedule a recording from the Guide 6 days ahead, which is as far as it goes, but I can schedule a manual recording by timeslot, channel and date, 13 days ahead. Even the Zap2it Guide on the web does not go more than 14 days ahead.  However, I see that I can apparently set a manual recording for a timeslot every Monday or Tuesday, etc, or weekends or weekdays or daily, which I suppose goes on forever. No idea where you would find that function in Navigatr because it's not an update to earlier interfaces, but a totally new one going in a different direction.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Don_T
I Plan to Stick Around
Sorry to say but I'm going to switch back to Bell TV. I had satellite before and will be seeing if I can get Fibe TV. If not...Bell Satellite is better than Rogers. The previous version of the Rogers receiver was better than the new one....and the old one didn't measure up to what I had on Expressvu. Simple things like skipping ahead 30 seconds is one button on the remote with Bell. Channels are organized better, PVR menu/options are far ahead. Nothing personal to the people here but my 10 month experience with Rogers hasn't been a very good experience. After I switched to Rogers TV I was on the phone for 45 minutes when I got a "welcome" call from Rogers explaining my concerns/issues and if anything the new software has no improvements.
I know with the Bell package I'll still get 18 CTV's counted in the channel count, but it was a better user interface.
Looking forward to the ala carte tv where I can get ONLY the channels I watch and not so many repetitions. Hopefully the tv providers in Canada don't gouge us for not taking their packages

Set a reminder was perfect when it automatically tuned to the channel. Now you have to press the button. Having a dissability makes it very difficult. Please give the option to auto change.