Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

On December 15, 2015, I let everyone know that we had started to roll out the updated Navigatr guide.  Take a look here for that post. 

As we continue to roll out the update, customers will be notified ahead of time that they will be getting the new software.

If you have received the updated Navigatr software (i.e. since December 15, 2015) and would like to ask a question and/or share your findings/learnings, please do so in THIS THREAD.  

As always, the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use apply.

Thanks very much for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

~RogersMargaret

2,250 REPLIES 2,250

Re: UPDATED NextBox Navigatr - December 2015/January 2016

scuddycat
I Plan to Stick Around

Well said, @DragonsOfWine.  Sadly, I don't think Rogers is listening.  I'm patiently awaiting my call back from the Office of the President from the feedback I wrote.

What is wrong with the people working at rogers, this navigatr is the worst thing ever, honestly there's no point in even having a PVR anymore with this since everything is grouped by show not chronologically and you can't see what is programed to record in the future. If this is what the new system is going to be like from now on then I guess it's time to drop all rogers bundles and switch providers to bell or just get Netflicks and stream TV since having Rogers cable (and the bundled products with it) is a complete waste now.

This navigatr is useless without the ability to list recorded programs in order of date instead of program title and no way to view what is programed  to record on a specific future date it makes having a PVR pointless

scuddycat
I Plan to Stick Around

If you check @57s post right above (#563) - his point #8 gives the fix for this "overscan" problem. You have to go into the Settings on the TV set to make the change.

....my TV is too old I guess.  While my TV has a bunch of aspect settings, none will fix the overscan.  So I'll have to live with it like it is...or switch to Bell.   I concur with someone's post that Rogers should have ensure all of the data was in the "safe" zone!

Here's my list of dislikes///

- hit D button for weather. used to be able to hit D again to clear it. Now have to go find and hit Exit.

- miss the 4 star ratings on movies

- when looking at future recordings in my PVR list the details do not show what channel or time it is from

- miss hitting List twice to switch from Recorded to Future Recordings

- the NEW symbol on the guide for New shows stood out more before. hard to see now.

scuddycat
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it just me or is it harder to recognize which program is which from the tiles?  For universally known symbols like a stop sign, McDonald's arches and even a number of computer icons like those used for Internet Explorer, and Microsoft word, they are instantly recongnizable to many.  But the images used for the tiles for our programs are not.  They seem arbitrary.  Most I can't tell which show it is without finding some text which involves moving the "cursor" to the tile.  Back in the good old days of the last version of the interface I could READ which program was which.  Maybe I'll eventually get used to which program is which but this requires a bunch of relearning and for what purpose?  Maybe there are people that have trouble reading so the pictures are better.  And in that case, I say:  GIVE US THE CHOICE to select which interface presentation works better for us!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@DragonsOfWine wrote:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just really interested in how designs like this are developed and what customer feedback is used in the process. Is there a way for us to get involved ahead of time? 

Good question. I was going to stop replying in this thread because I don't have a Nextbox or Navigatr, but this is fairly generic. I have an SA8300HD PVR that's about half full, currently 5 shows/movies I'm hoarding because I watch most of my series recordings the same day, or within 2 or 3 days, and delete them. That for me is "normal". I would never need any elaborate folder system, as in RTN, or "tiles" in Navigatr, to keep track of my stuff.

However, I've seen Navigatr users claim they have 400+ recordings! Okay, these have to be the two extremes. I just can't imagine anyone programming Navigatr with a view to managing 400+ hoarded recordings. I bet Rogers never surveyed Nextbox customers to find out how many shows they save.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Erntwistle wrote:

Ha, what a smozzle.
Can anyone say "New Coke!!!!"

Please bring back the old features!!!!

One difference. Coke listened.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

OK,  after one day with the new less than easy to use Navigatr my thumb is worn out from all the extra remote clicks needed to access features and tring to figure out how to use them.  i too have encountered many of the complaints listed in the multitude of threads and posts but will (at this time) just mention the ones that are close to being a deal breaker with Rogers.

1.  The font on the guide and more so in some of the features is still almost unreadable for anyone with with less that 20/20 vision.  This is may not be a big issue for some but it is important to older viewers or those with visual disabilities. 

2.  With the NB2 not being able to easily determine if there are scheduled recording conflicts is time consuming and extremely frustrating.  Oh don't forget not being able to see the channel, and time  of scheduled recordings without haviing to click,click,click.....

There are several other issue that I absolutely detest but  "for now" will try to live with,  However, I'm n ot sure how long that will be.  My husband is already  advocating for  moving everything to Bell, but I am hoping for Rogers to make improvements over the coming weeks.

One quick question.  The mini-guide.  When I change channels it flickers into view for about one-tenth of a second.  is there any way to get it to stay long enough to read it?

DragonsOfWine
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@scuddycat wrote:

Well said, @DragonsOfWine.  Sadly, I don't think Rogers is listening.  I'm patiently awaiting my call back from the Office of the President from the feedback I wrote.

Sorry, not sure what you are refering to due to the batching that the Rogers people are doing. 

Could you let me know what this was in reference to? Thanks.

DragonsOfWine

@mike017 wrote:

This navigatr is useless without the ability to list recorded programs in order of date instead of program title and no way to view what is programed  to record on a specific future date it makes having a PVR pointless

There were bugs in the previous version that if they still exist this will definitely be true. We would find that deleting a recorded program, especially from the top of the list, would throw off the list. Short of rebooting the box we would revert to a chronological list - the reboot would happen when we decided to go to bed.

I'm hoping because of the obvious re-write this doesn't happen.

But, agree, the removal of features makes it more difficult. Would be better if they added to the old and fixed existing problems rather than starting from scratch and creating new issues.

RogersDarrell

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers North and East of Toronto (including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Orangeville, Collingwood, Bolton, and Midland). 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text. 

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

One more dislike...

When scrolling right or left thru the list of Recorded Programs it does not go to the next line.

You have to scroll down but now you are at the other end of the line.

JEL
I Plan to Stick Around

"Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers North and East of Toronto (including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Orangeville, Collingwood, Bolton, and Midland). "

Oh great.  Another flood of angry customers.

DragonsOfWine

This is not reply to Jel's posting but the only way I can add to this forum.

Thanks to all for sharing your concerns and the suggestions to fix things. Nice to know I'm not alone.

Going to try and stay away from this forum because it is just a reminder of how frustrating it is dealing with Rogers.

teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Starting tomorrow, we’ll be rolling out the new Navigatr software to all NextBox cable customers North and East of Toronto (including Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Barrie, Orangeville, Collingwood, Bolton, and Midland). 

We’ll keep you posted on upcoming Navigatr updates to the rest of our cable footprint, in addition to notifications customers will be getting by mail, email and text. 

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

Rogers is still not listening or responding to customer complaints!

tschiller
I've Been Here Awhile

Recording and Scheduled recordings

The Navigatr was suppose to make things easier but now when I want to flip between scheduled recordings and recordings i have to make changes to a filter and save, than do the same to get back to the previous view. am i missing something or did they add 5 extra steps to something that was a back button and choose what i want.  Who did the Beta test for this thing? 

TheArcher
I Plan to Stick Around

For the 2nd time since Navigatr v2 was installed on my 9865 Nextbox 3 on January 12th, I have had recordings just randomly wiped from the box.

Yesterday I recorded 8 soccer games which were live at same time, thus fully utilizing the PVRs 8 tuners. All 8 games recorded. I had watched and deleted one recording yesterday. This morning I watched another two recordings half way through and then took a break. I came back 3 hours later and when I went to resume watching one of the games I had partially watched earlier, I found that it was no longer shown in my recordings. In addition, 3 of the other games were also gone without me ever having had a chance to watch them. I rebooted the PVR but no difference.

I don't recall ever have this happening with RTN or SARA.

It appears that I can't rely on the Navigatr to retain my recordings and I will have to make more use of my 8642 on SARA to do duplicate recording of the most important events. Of course this is limited to only 2 in any time frame so there will be  many ones that can't be covered.

I believe it is yet another bug in the Navigatr v2 that is causing these deletions.

(Or could it be the box itself?)

Since the navigator came into effect, I don't see the date,time and channel of my scheduled recordings.  I used to be able to see if I had any conflicts,  before they arose.  Any idea how to see this?  Are they planning on fixing this if not?

Hobo149
I've Been Around

NextBox navigator settings box is empty, no listings shown in setup, just blank page. Any suggestions?

I did read elsewhere.. try pressing the MENU, they said they could get to the settings that way. (an extra step, but was able to)