Type of media card for Blackberry Z10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Type of media card for Blackberry Z10

I can't seem to find information regarding of what class(es) of MicroSD card does Blackberry Z10 support? I looked through the official manual but there is no information regarding the type of supported media card. 

Did anybody, by any chance, happen to find this information?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Type of media card for Blackberry Z10

I haven't seen anything on the specific classes yet.. even all the BB documentation doesn't say it either.

The rogers site says 32g max card size.. the BB website says 64.  But nothing about class restrictions. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TeDD13

Here you go. This site / prices will let you know which memory cards you are able to use.

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-memory-cards.htm

So, it is Class 10. Thank you!

Just spoke with Rogers tech support. They have no idea if Z10 supports 64gb media card as stated on the RIM'S web-site, however they would not recommend using anything larger than 32Gb.

After e-mailing back and forth to the "reliable source" they told me that class 4 microSD card should be used in Z10.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TeDD13

If BlackBerry puts it on their website, that means the phone is fine with 64GB memory card it in. I really doubt BlackBerry would lie & i am actually using a 64GB memory card on the Z10. No issues either!. Same with a couple of others on Crackberry. Rogers tech support reps are useless as they do not know the proper info..

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SanDisk-Mobile-Ultra-Micro-SDXC-Class-10-U1-Android-App-30MB-s-64-GB-SD-Adapt...

That is the one i am using in mine.

Hi, Meowmix:

I do agree that most of the time Rogers Techs are useless, but now i am a bit confused. Shall I go with Class 10 or class 4?  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well Crackberry would know better as they do work with BlackBerry & get the devices WAY before Rogers does. Class 10 is the correct answer.

Thank you for your help! I'll give class 10 a try.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome. 🙂