Two sim card with same number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momars09
I've Been Here Awhile

Two sim card with same number

Hi,
New in Canada, having rogers mobile service.

I have two phones and I want to use one number on both. Do Rogers provides Multiple Sim for one number.

Experts your answers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Two sim card with same number

Hello @momars09

Welcome to Canada and the forums!!

Unfortunately Rogers and all Canadian carriers do not do that. You would need to have 2 wireless numbers and 2 accounts sadly

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @momars09

Welcome to Canada and the forums!!

Unfortunately Rogers and all Canadian carriers do not do that. You would need to have 2 wireless numbers and 2 accounts sadly

View solution in original post

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hey @momars09
@Meowmix is right, you can have 1 account and two numbers. (I know what he meant, just clarifying it for you).

but do you mean like a proxy sim card?
You can add 2 sim cards in one account and one number. but only 1 sim card can be active at a time for the same number. Just not simultaneously.

Cheers
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF the two phones use different type of sims...

One thing you could try, is getting the newer multi size sim.

where it pops out down to the size you want. Could try fitting the micro back into one size up, and fit in sort of thing.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

The OP isn't asking about that. The OP is asking if there is a way that they can have a sim card activated under one line to use 2 phones at once.
momars09
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi every one,

Thank you very much for the quick and prompt reply.

Let me make it bit clearer.
I work for Microsoft, I am not suppose to use Samsung, I phone etc, only Microsoft Lumia.

So, I was wondering If rogers provide two sim for the same account and number, off-course wont keep both active at same time, will use one at a time.
For eg. when I m at job I can just turn off or dial a code to activate the line on microsoft Lumia and when off  activate other phone. One phone at  a time.

Possible?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh your right.. i missed that. Sorry.

I dont think i have ever seen that really active before ever.. other than the case of maybe illegal cloning of cards, etc.

Would be kind of hard, as it wouldnt really know where to route a call to, etc as its in two locations, etc.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

That is true. In the UK it is possible but in Canada it's not. Rogers doesn't have those systems in order to do it
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@momars09
So technically what you are asking is what I stated earlier.
You can have 2 sim card in same line (same number) and only have 1 active...
if you want to switch, there isn't a code I am aware of but you can use MyRogers online profile to swap sim. Not the easiest way you may be use to, but it is possible without calling in everytime.
(Which you can also do; call in everytime - but if you are doing this on a daily basis. Loggin into Rogers.com sign in to MyRogers go to change your sim card in your profile and enter the same sim card already on account it will activate it.)

This is one way of doing it.
Hope this helps @momars09

You can also just set your Lumia to forward everything. Calls and Text to another number (which will be your non-microsoft
phone).

Though, I would say, you better not be cheating on Microsoft and using iPhone or Android 😛 haha joking.
jonmep
I've Been Around

This would be a really useful/intelligent service for Rogers to implement given the ubiquity of smart phones, which are getting bigger and more expensive every year. At this stage it is risky sticking one of these in your pocket or bag if you are going mountain biking, skiing, trail running, etc.. But at the same time you always want to carry a phone so you can call for help or arrange to meet people on the hill. I have a cheap flip phone for this but swapping the SIM all the time isn't feasible as it will get damaged or lost. It is definitely techincally possible - they had this service over a deacade ago in Europe - so the limitation is caused by something else.