Two cable boxes in same room

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onsiteman
I've Been Around

Two cable boxes in same room

I have a 8642HD pvr supplying signal to a HDprojector.

I have added a 4642 HD box in the same room to supply signal to a 60" plasma. Beside the big screen.

The supplied remote changes both boxes when it is used. I remember years ago before HD having 2 boxes together and there was instruction in the owners manual to change the remote and box to a different control channel so each remote would only control it's own box and not both. So, one remote on channel A and the other on channel B.

I can not find any instruction on how to do this. Is there a fix or has technology moved backwards?

Thanks, Mike.

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Two cable boxes in same room

Hmm, having never done it I can't be sure.

Did a quick look at the current remotes manual
http://www.urcsupport.com/images/uploaded_images/Atlas_OCAP_M1056.pdf
This is from the mfg, not Rogers, and I'm not seein it anywhere in there. 😞

I'm guessing your old box was and older remote as well?

If I can find anything else (other facing the boxes different directions :p) I will post again, and will think on any possible solutions.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ive had a rogers box since like when they first came out and do not remember any way to address the remote to a specific box either, it might be a bell thing, it definitely can not find it in any of my rogers remote manuals either.

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It easy with this http://www.nextgen.us/NextGen_Remote_Extender_Plus_p/remoteextenderplus.htm

You just have to block the IR sensor completely on the box you want to control via the RF. I did that with black tape over the IR repeater. You could also turn the box around so that the IR from the remote can't hit it.
Contractor
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly I am unaware of any way to accomplish this without third party technology. The remotes are programmed to control the HDSTB/DSTB regardless.
I am a contractor for Rogers. My comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I'm simply here to pass along any helpful information I've acquired in the field to improve YOUR experience with their services.