Tv Screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Tv Screen

How do I get rid of the numeral 3 on the top right corner of my tv screen ?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Tv Screen

Might need a little more info

How are you watching tv? Does it have a digital Rogers box or right into the tv from the wall?
What does the #3 look like?
Often that can be a number displayed by the tv itself. Would have to use the tv remote, usually hitting a button called display or similar, and should remove it from the screen

I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately the remote button approach didn't work. The TV input is from a Rogers digital box.  The indication is the numeral 3.  Originally the 3 would appear then fade away when the digital box and TV were turned on. The problem has only occured recently. It happened after using and switching off my DVD. Upon going back to the TV, the number 3 has appeared permanently on the screen

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That does make me think its more the TV that is displaying it rather than from the Rogers box.

Just to make sure try pressing exit on the Rogers remote.

Which exact Rogers box do you have?
Does it show three no matter what channel you change too on the Rogers box?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

try using your TV REMOTE to get rid of it, it might be produced by your tv set if it was visible on other inputs such as your dvd playa.

I've Been Here Awhile

The problem has been solved !.   Your suggestions about it being TV and Remote Control related were correct.   I have two remote controls.  I use the Rogers multi purpose one that came with the digital box and the other is pre digital box which I discontinued using.   Unfortunately, the latter was used during the operation of the DVD.  I gave temporary control of the TV to the pre digital box one, pressed its Display button and voila the number 3 indicator disappeared.  I am using the Rogers multi purpose Remote Control and all is normal (no number 3 displayed).  I would like to thank both gdkitty and Pauly for their assistance.  It is very much appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can thank me by LIKEING my posts, with the thumbs up icon.