Turning Off Celluar Data on iPhone 5S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilee_27
I've Been Here Awhile

Turning Off Celluar Data on iPhone 5S

If I turn off my cellular data, will I still be able to receive text messages and phone calls if im not connected to wifi? Thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Turning Off Celluar Data on iPhone 5S

Hello emilee_27

Here is more to explain it for you. Read below.

Understanding cellular data settings

You can temporarily turn off cellular data to prevent applications from using the cellular network connection to send or receive data. If you turn off cellular data, you will be unable to:

See the cellular data icons in the status bar (for example, LTE or 3G).
Send or receive MMS messages. You can still send and receive SMS, and send and receive iMessages (text or multimedia) when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Retrieve or listen to new Visual Voicemail messages. To retrieve messages, enable cellular data.
Use Personal Hotspot.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4146

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Turning Off Celluar Data on iPhone 5S

Hello emilee_27

Here is more to explain it for you. Read below.

Understanding cellular data settings

You can temporarily turn off cellular data to prevent applications from using the cellular network connection to send or receive data. If you turn off cellular data, you will be unable to:

See the cellular data icons in the status bar (for example, LTE or 3G).
Send or receive MMS messages. You can still send and receive SMS, and send and receive iMessages (text or multimedia) when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Retrieve or listen to new Visual Voicemail messages. To retrieve messages, enable cellular data.
Use Personal Hotspot.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4146

View solution in original post