Trying to open ports to play on my ps3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Trying to open ports to play on my ps3

I've been fighting with my router for 3 days trying to figure out why i keep getting errors playing on my ps3.Called Rogers they say my cg2n-rog seems to be working fine.called sony they sent me a  list of ports i need to open to stop thesse errors but i was not getting them 3 days ago have been playing fine for a year. tried to google my anwser and have read tons but im still lost.went to portforwording but it was not much help. How do i know what the timeout value for the ports should be?any help or tips would be great .

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Trying to open ports to play on my ps3

Good evening Community!

Are there any network savvy gamer types out there that can help jpc out?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wierd that it worked fine before.. and not now...

Now.. unless things have changed (and i dont have that modem so no way of confirming).. last i heard, there were port forwarding issues with that specific modem..even though you enter them, they tend not to work 😞

the SMC, Cisco, and the cgn3 the forwarding seems to work.

I've Been Here Awhile

so i figured out how to open my ports but i still got errors.Shut off my firewall to see if it was router related and it worked fine switched my firewall back on now it works fine again.Must have been rogers or my router.thanks for anwsering to my post.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation