cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Activate Sim Card

M2MJ
I've Been Here Awhile

I had a Nokia C3 pay as you go.....I recently got a new phone, so I put the Sim from the Nokia into the new phone. I am giving my husband the Nokia to use, so we bought a new Sim card. I am trying to activate it online through the pay as you go website. I go through all the steps, and when I get to the very end, it says there is an error with the website. I have been trying to do this for 3 days! Has the Rogers store website really been down all this time, or am I doing something wrong? The Nokia was already activated, its just the Sim card that needs to be activated. Someone PLEASE help me!! I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, or is the site really down???

Thanks! Smiley Happy

******* Edit labels ********

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Trying to Activate Sim Card

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersMaudewrote:

1-Dial: 1-800-575-9090

2-Wait for language selection to finish

3-Press option 4 for “General information”

4-Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5-Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

I see you have posted the options to listen for to access   the first two  options ...I  just wanted to add that for option five it is  "If you are calling about an URGENT matter "  press 1  .    Smiley Wink  

@snjaykdubey  .....please let us know what the issue was .  Smiley Happy

Does anyone know how to activate a new sim chip to exiting line

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nicolevivian4

Contact Rogers via Live Chat and they should be able to do it for you.

You could also visit a local Rogers store near you for them to do that or contact Rogers via their phone line via a different phone ( families phone or work phone) and they will be able to assist you with that.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Calling customer service would probably be the fastest way. When you speak to them, ask to do a "Sim Swap" they will understand what that means

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Pauly

Agreed. However the wait times to actually speak to someone may be longer. Took over 45 minutes for my mom to get a hold of someone just an hour ago via the phone. So i
That counts in affect too. Generally yes calling or store will be faster.

barndoor

@Meowmixwrote:

Agreed. However the wait times to actually speak to someone may be longer. Took over 45 minutes for my mom to get a hold of someone just an hour ago via the phone. So i

Just to clarify ...was your Mom calling paygo  or postpaid  ?  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @barndoor

She was calling for postpaid.

barndoor

@Meowmixwrote:
Hello @barndoor

She was calling for postpaid.

Oh ..ok that makes sense now   ....I think you will find there is a significantly less wait time for prepaid ...on average .  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @barndoor

Yes however they don't deal with postpaid I don't believe. If that's the case then it would cause the prepaid line to be flooded with phone calls and the ones with prepaid questions would have to wait longer wait times as well.

Rogers is lacking on the waiting times to be honest.

barndoor

But, this is the paygo section  ...does that mean the paygo csr's have no need to  be able to activate " a new sim chip to existing line" ? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @barndoor

I don't believe they do since they are only for PayGo team but I could be wrong. I called this morning the PayGo line and they told me they only deal with PayGo accounts and not postpaid and gave me the postpaid number instead.

If Rogers would actually come and answer or help the would be greatly appreciated.

Good day,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with regards to the SIM card activation on an existing line!

I know how important it is to have the right SIM activated in a timely manner, in order to stay connected while keeping the same phone number.

@nicolevivian4 - I hope you were able to obtain the help needed. Being a Prepaid customer, it is ideal for you to dial in to reach our Pay-As-You-Go department to get assistance. Our Live Chat service does unfortunately not support Prepaid accounts.

To clarify, our postpaid customer service representatives can help for any request regarding monthly accounts, while this transaction can be completed through the prepaid department if it has to do with a Pay-As-You-Go account.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

For Pay As You go concerns including Sim card Swaps, you call Pay As You Go customer service hotline, for post-paid concerns such as sim card swaps, you call the post-paid customer service line or deal with the social media team.

In both cases, the lowest common denominator would be to call the respective customer service hotline of which service you are inquiring about if it was unknown if you were asking about prepaid or post paid since the respective customer service agent would handle that request.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats