cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Activate Sim Card

M2MJ
I've Been Here Awhile

I had a Nokia C3 pay as you go.....I recently got a new phone, so I put the Sim from the Nokia into the new phone. I am giving my husband the Nokia to use, so we bought a new Sim card. I am trying to activate it online through the pay as you go website. I go through all the steps, and when I get to the very end, it says there is an error with the website. I have been trying to do this for 3 days! Has the Rogers store website really been down all this time, or am I doing something wrong? The Nokia was already activated, its just the Sim card that needs to be activated. Someone PLEASE help me!! I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, or is the site really down???

Thanks! Smiley Happy

******* Edit labels ********

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Trying to Activate Sim Card

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Are you able to call Costumer service? If you can call in & they will be able to activate it for you 🙂

M2MJ
I've Been Here Awhile

I am able to call customer service, I was just trying to do it online, as I find it is faster (no being put on hold, etc.)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea i have had troubles activating the sim card on my line also a few days ago. I think its the site because when i called they did it for me & it worked.

M2MJ
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, thank you! 🙂

calvin3590
I've Been Here Awhile

bought an iphone today and bought a micro sim aswell. im already with rogers but i dont know to activate it online.... please help, 

thanks.

ps currently im using pay as you go (dunno if that makes a difference or not)

if you already have an account then u do not need to activate a new one online, you would need to do a sim swap, can be done by calling rogers customer service or by clicking "chaneg sim card" on your web portal acct

calvin3590
I've Been Here Awhile

the thing is that i dont see a "change sim card" anywhere...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You could always give Rogers a call & ask them to activate the sim-card for you over the phone.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

word on here is pay as u go accounts may not show the change sim card option, just call them up tomorrow and do it, or visit a rogers store

calvin3590
I've Been Here Awhile

Alright thanks

No

Claudine uwineza

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello claudineuwineza

What are you saying "No" to exactly?.

I cant transfer my number from FIDO to rogers preaid simcard. the continue botton is grey even after entering fido number account number. please let me what should I do.

Hello @mikehouse

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I can certainly understand the inconveniences of not being able to activate your prepaid SIM card.

You can  get in touch with one of our Prepaid representatives for assistance.

To reach them, please dial 1-800-575-9090. After confirming in which language you wish continue, press 4, then 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

RogersSannecia

From what I can find on MyRogers, Activate SIM Card is not available to PayGo customers. You probably have to go to a Rogers store for that.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

neechie
I've Been Around

Why can't I activate my sim and set up my account without buying a pay as you go voucher right away? I just want to get my account set up and purchase minutes later.

Unregistered SIM

I just started a Pay As Go plan this morning. I've set up my account, selected my plan, and put in the sim card. I did everything that I was told to do and my phone still doesn't work. I can't send or receive any texts or calls. I was told to wait a few hours so I did but still nothing has happened. I even called it in only to be hung up on. All the phone says is that it's an unregistered sim. I need help

ca_m
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I bought a rogers SIM card (prepaid) without a device and I want to activate it. At the moment I have a foreign number so I can't change a rogers number, as they said in some descriptions. I only have the sim card (within the carrier) and I do not know how to activate it. I have an account for myrogers, but I do not think I have a rogers account (and when the website ask me to link it doesn't work for my new sim - because it isn't activated). The chat only offers postaid help, I can't call the hotline because of the roaming fees and in the shop they told me that I have to pay 35 dollars if they would acitvate the sim card for me.

I really hope that someone can tell me how to do this.

Thank you

snjaykdubey
I've Been Around

NEW ROGER SIM

I brought the pay as you go free sim card from the shop. After the 10$ top up , I thought my phone is activated in one hour. Its been 3 hour and I couldnt able to receive any sms or phone call. The online representative told me my sim is already activated and got 50 local min and 50 sms

Good day @snjaykdubey,

Not having the ability to place and receive calls after activating a line with us is definitely frustrating to deal with. Were you able to reach a resolution since you posted?

Are you using a Rogers device? If you are using a phone from a different provider, you'll need to make sure it is unlocked.

For further assistance, it might be best for you to speak with one of our Pay-As-You-Go representatives.

Here are the steps to follow for you to get in touch with an agent to quickly address your concerns:

1. Dial: 1-800-575-9090.

2. Wait for language selection to finish.

3. Press option 4 for “General information”.

4. Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5. Press option 1 to reach a live representative.

Their hours of operations are the following:

Monday – Friday: 8am – 12am

Saturday: 8am – 9pm

Sunday: 10am – 8pm

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats