Try to Retain your customers by providing quality customer service!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Try to Retain your customers by providing quality customer service!

Hi, I'm writing about the poor customer service that I recieved today via the phone. I made two calls with your company. The first call was pleasant and the customer servive rep was very helpful. I expressed to Chris that I was offered a deal with another provider and was hoping that Rogers could match this price. He was looking into it and was getting a package that would be compareable to the offer. Unfortunately I was disconnected. I waited to see if I would get a call back and I did not. So a few minutes later I called back and was connected to another representative. This customer service rep right off the start was hostile and said that I was on a plan already. I explained to him that I was speaking to Chris previously and that he was working on a plan for me, but got cut off. Again he was abrupt and cut me off saying that I was on a plan. He then asked me about the offer I was given by another provider and he says he just cant match the offer since I was on a plan. Due to his tone and rudeness I asked if I could speak to another Rep or Supervisor. He said no. At this point I asked him what early cancellation fee was, which he gave me. I advised him if this is how talks to customers, I would be cancelling all my services. I've been with Rogers a long time and haven't had issues with your company until now. I know that one customer leaving is not a big deal to your company. But with poor customer service, you'll eventually loose a lot more customers like me. Mike

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Try to Retain your customers by providing quality customer service!

That sucks.

Some of the best help i have got lately.. truthfully was via Facebook and twitter, if you can beleive it.

The guys were always good, and always willing to help.  Found me some good deals too.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Kingair,

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for that awful experience you had today.  Firstly, with having to call back because a call back wasn't completed.  

Secondly,  for having to deal with the terrible customer service you received from the second rep.   I would consider cancelling services as well if I was treated the way you were.  

We can definitely have a third look at this for you.  As Gdkitty mentioned, you can reach us either through Facebook or Twitter through our @Rogershelp tag or contact our @CommunityHelps inbox, here on the forums.  

Hopefully third times the charm!   

Regards,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Man I can't help but shake my head every time I see something like this. Now, without seeing your account, even though the second rep came off as hostile and mean-spirited (which is never the way to go) he may have been correct with what he is saying. If you're already on a two year Ignite bundle and are within the first year, then you do become ineligible for another offer at that time. Again I'm not in agreement with the way the agent acted as it was inexcusable, but depending on what kind of offer you have, I can see what we was trying to say.

IF you have an Ignite bundle, Chris should have simply told you what I said above and not proceeded with what he was doing. Then again, it's possible the second agent was wrong and misunderstood the way the contract and terms work. Without looking into your account it is just speculation on my part.

Also remember that we generally work in inbound call centres, and unless our phones are set in a certain way, as soon as your call ends, potentially we have to take another call right away and have to deal with that person only and it may not be possible to call you back. Ideally we are supposed to but there are circumstances that can prevent this from happening. Hopefully he did make every effort to call you back.

And for anyone else reading this, we are not able to transfer to another agent but we cannot refuse your request to speak to a supervisor.

Anyway, I'm just tossing my opinion in here. Hopefully you can get this resolved and continue to enjoy your services.