Travelling with GameCentre Live.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Travelling with GameCentre Live.

• I travel frequently to the US, but also have a home in Canada – will my GameCentre Live free preview work when I travel to the US?  Why can’t I just purchase GCL in the us where it is only $99 for the season and stream it on my device in Canada.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Travelling with GameCentre Live.

Yes, you can travel with Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE - two things you need to be aware of. First, best to access via WiFi so you're not incurring large roaming charges for video streaming. Second, local blackouts will apply (ie. if you're in NYC and there is a regional Rangers game on, the league blacks out the game)

I don't see why you couldn't buy the US version when you're in the US - just be aware that while we've worked with the league and teams in Canada to lift most blackouts, the same is not true in the US, so you'll only be able to watch out-of-market games with the US version.

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Yes, you can travel with Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE - two things you need to be aware of. First, best to access via WiFi so you're not incurring large roaming charges for video streaming. Second, local blackouts will apply (ie. if you're in NYC and there is a regional Rangers game on, the league blacks out the game)

I don't see why you couldn't buy the US version when you're in the US - just be aware that while we've worked with the league and teams in Canada to lift most blackouts, the same is not true in the US, so you'll only be able to watch out-of-market games with the US version.

Scott MacMillan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Great, so I can buy the US version of GCL, and it will work in Canada.  I heard that even with the Canadian GCL, I would need a subscription to TSN, Sportsnet, and Leafs TV to get the leafs games if I am streaming in Toronto, is this true?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

That's true for some games (ones that are considered "regional"  games). Note that within Toronto's broadcast region, we're not able to include the 26 TSN games in RGCL). For the Sportsnet regional games (16 this season), you'll need a SN subscription starting Jan 1, so it's probably about 8-9 games from Jan 1-end of season)

Not required for Playoff games

Scott MacMillan
I've Been Here Awhile

When accessing GCL through web browser (laptop) in US, GCL webpage only provide "Current NHL GameCenter Live subscribers" sign in, but no "MyRogers" sign in, does that mean Rogers GCL is only good in Canada?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have Rogers GCL free with my cable account and now travelling in the US. I am unable to log on to the service via Apple TV app. Error states that there is no account associated with my ID.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We have free NHL Game Centre with our Roam Like Home package.  We are now in the US and I am unable to log into the account on the Apple TV where we are staying.  Anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@JMcIntyre,

As mentioned above in earlier messages, you should have no problems accessing Rogers GameCentre LIVE in the US.

Customers can stream while travelling in another country, except Denmark, Finland, Norway or Sweden, but will be subject to the blackout rules in that region (ie. games that are shown on TV there, will be blacked out).

You mentioned you were trying to watch it on an Apple TV. What generation is the Apple TV?

What was the error message you were getting when you were trying to log in?

Let us know!

@RogersGabrielle