Travel Data Pack

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Travel Data Pack

I am leaving early in the am for the USA and I added the 25 dollar data value Pack for US Roaming, but it did not work. It said it added successfully but it is no where to be found in my account info!

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Travel Data Pack

It takes 24 hours for it to show up on the account. I suggest calling Rogers to make sure its been added before you leave for the states.
I've Been Here Awhile

Forget about Rogers-go to the local walmart and get a cheapie. All minutes purchased are auto doubled. I used mine in Florida and could call anywhere in N and S America no added charges. Just put a reply on your Rogers phone with the new number EASY!
I've Been Around

Great advice - I added a travel bucket before I left for a Mexico trip - first time with my Rogers phone. Called several times and actually stood in a line up at a Rogers store to make sure I had the right pack and what I could do to make sure I didnt get charged outrageous amounts on my return.

All for nothing - they gave me a bill for $2000!!!! for my week away.

After many calls (they could see on my account how many times I called to try and get "support") they gave me a break and only charged me $500.

Expensive lesson and now I know what to do next time, thank you.
Oh and Rogers will lose me as soon as I wrap up this lock down contract.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rule of thumb, unless you absolutely need to? Don't bring the phone, or turn off parts of your phone (data, roaming, etc) when not using them.
Any form of roaming costs are very large, and even most value packs only give you a limited amount of data.

IE an international data plan for $40 only gives you 10mb. Your average smart phone will blow the through that in 10 mins.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed with GDkitty. If you really do NOT need the phone, take out the sim, leave the phone turned off somewhere in the house no one can get. You will not be charged anything as the sim card will be out of the phone & the phone being turned off.

If you really need the phone, unlock it or get a simple flip phone which is unlocked& while in another country, just get a pre paid sim card if you need. You are set after.

Here is the the prices from Rogers & the MB with the prices.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=AppsAddons&category=12