cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Pay A You Go Balance to another PAYG phone?

S_Forbes
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

We've got 2 PAYG phones. One isn't going to be used any more. Can I transfer the balance of the phone that won't be used to the phone that is still going to be active?

Thanks,

Scott

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transferring Pay A You Go Balance to another PAYG phone?

Just got off the phone with a representative. SUCCESS. I used the call method stated in the second post and got in touch with a very helpful woman. Even with the expired balance on the phone she was able to  transfer $215 out of the $307. I guess the system wouldn't accept any more. I'm happy with that. It's fair. I guess it's true what they say about Rogers. If you aren't happy with a Rep, keep calling until you get someone who is. Just wanted to say thanks to those that offered help and advice. Much appreciated. 🙂

Scott

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @S_Forbes

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums Smiley Wink!

You can get in touch with one of our Prepaid representatives to obtain details about your inquiry.

To reach them, please dial 1-800-575-9090. After confirming in which language you wish continue, press 4, then 4 again. At the end of the third menu, press 1 to reach an agent quickly.

RogersSannecia

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@S_Forbes ... let us know how it goes will you please ...     If they won't answer a simple question like that here it must be a possibility  under certain circumstances or you get the right CSR

I'm not very pleased at all. Just some back story.......... Both PAYG phones were under my account. All I wanted to do was transfer the funds from one phone to other because the person that was using the one phone is getting one paid for by their work(new job)and won't need the PAYG phone. I went to 2 Rogers stores. A representative from each store said, yes, I could transfer the funds. No problem. But I'd have to do it over the phone. So I called and the first representative said, no, we don't do that anymore. Been almost 2 years since they've allowed that. So I called again and asked another representative.  Again I was told I couldn't do it. But of course, if I was going to go to a monthly plan, they would transfer over the balance. That's unacceptable. I paid for the money in both those accounts.  There is no reason why I can't transfer funds. It's not like I was going to transer the funds to another persons phone. Unfortunately now the balance has expired. There was $300 on that one phone. It's been accumulating for about 3 years. The phone was used basically for the odd call and emergencies. I hope Rogers will change their policy to help customers out.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@S_Forbes wrote:
Unfortunately now the balance has expired. There was $300 on that one phone. It's been accumulating for about 3 years. The phone was used basically for the odd call and emergencies. I hope Rogers will change their policy to help customers out.

$300 is a crazy amount of balance to lose over customer service ineptness. If it's been less than 2 weeks, I believe it can be restored. You know that you can renew PayGo using excess money from the balance, but you have to call because there's no mechanism to do it on line. Also, if both phones are in your name, you should be able to use the balance from one to renew the other. But maybe some PayGo CSRs are smarter than others.  I once had one who didn't seem to understand anything I was saying and ended up back at the Rogers main operator, but when I asked for PayGo assistance again, I got a woman who knew exactly what I needed and fixed me right up.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

barndoor

But of course, if I was going to go to a monthly plan, they would transfer over the balance. That's unacceptable. I paid for the money in both those accounts.  

Is that a pay as you go monthly plan?  That's not so bad is it?   

Has it been expired for more than 10 days? They should give it  back if you top it up like OY said.

I always found that three times was the charm as far as calling in frustrating as it may be . Smiley Wink 

Thanks for your reply. No it's not a monthly plan. For the past few years I've just been purchasing a $100 card which gives me the year before it expires. It only expired on Jan 5th so I'll definitely try to call again

Thanks for the response. Yeah it is a crazy amout. For the past few years, I've put a $100 card on it so it gives me the year before it expires. It was still cheaper than a monthly plan. The balance only expired on Jan 5th. The other phone did too, so I actually got them to use some of that phones balance to extend that date a year. I'll definitely give them a call again.

barndoor

If nothing else could  you get them to use $100 of that  balance to renew that phone for a year( won't cost you anything out of pocket) and then sell it to someone that could use it  ... at least you'd get something for it ... rather than nothing if it expires and if they do refuse to transfer it.   Smiley Wink

barndoor

On second thought  selling might not be wise  if it has to stay in your name but a lend for compensation arrangement  to someone you know might work.

Just got off the phone with a representative. SUCCESS. I used the call method stated in the second post and got in touch with a very helpful woman. Even with the expired balance on the phone she was able to  transfer $215 out of the $307. I guess the system wouldn't accept any more. I'm happy with that. It's fair. I guess it's true what they say about Rogers. If you aren't happy with a Rep, keep calling until you get someone who is. Just wanted to say thanks to those that offered help and advice. Much appreciated. 🙂

Scott

Hello @S_Forbes

I’m happy to hear that your issue was resolved. Thank you for taking the time to update the Community!

RogersSannecia

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation