Transferring Information from old iphone to new iphone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Transferring Information from old iphone to new iphone

I just got a new iphone but i want to transfer all my information from the old one to the new one, so i have the old one backed up to my itunes, but my new phones software was not up to date like the other one so i updated as a new phone. Now i cannot back up to the old phone. What do i do to get the old phone info on this new one?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Transferring Information from old iphone to new iphone

Hello Minos_23

Even when you do a upgrade to the new OS, you should be able to do a back up through iTunes. Are you sure you are doing it correctly? Also have you tried backing up the phone through iCloud?

Try backing it up again on iTunes & see what happens. If it does not work, make a iCloud account if you do not have one & then back up the phone threw iCloud. I have done this multiple times & it worked both ways.

*** UPDATE ***

Hello everyone,

For future reference:

These are the general steps for transferring Information from Old iPhone to new iPhone using iTunes:

1. Launch and check if you have the latest version of iTunes.
    • If you don’t have Apple iTunes installed, click here to download and install the software.
  2. Connect your old iPhone to iTunes and click Sync.
  3. Once the sync is complete, click File > Devices > Back up, to backup your device.
  4. When the backup is complete, disconnect the iPhone from the computer and connect your new iPhone.
  5. iTunes will prompt to ask if you want to restore from a backup or set up the iPhone as a new phone. Click Restore Backup, and select the backup file that was just created from your old iPhone.
    • Note: During the process of restoring your old backup to a new iPhone, you may see the iTunes process bar pause. If this occurs, please allow for additional time for the upgrade and restore to complete.
  6. After iTunes finishes restoring the backup, the iPhone will restart.
  7. When the iPhone has started up, it will appear in iTunes, select it.
  8. Click the various tabs (Music, Photos, etc..) and verify the content you want to sync.
  9. Click Apply to sync the selected content to your new iPhone.

Hope that helps.