cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer rogers Internet

Earache
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone. I need some advice.
My son recently bought the house next door and got basic cable. Unfortunately he has no Internet and does all of his work at my house (to not incurr more bills to pay for now).
I honestly don't need the Internet as I have a smartphone that I use when I need access plus I have access at work. I got an excellent deal from rogers for ultimate as I've been a customer for over 15 years.

My question is: Is it possible for me to transfer my internet to his account or any other way of my son and daughter-in-law to get what we have here? They were the primary users of it, his wife being able to work from home occasionally and my son strictly working from home.
I'm asking because the deal I have would not hurt their budget (all new home owners know the burden of trying to keep bills low to pay off a massive mortgage).

I'd appreciate any advice that I can't get.

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transfer rogers Internet

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. good question.  Best you can do is call and ask.

Now.. there could be factors.  If the deal  you have, is a contract based.. that MAY or MAY NOT be able to be transfered.  That contract may be able to be passed to him at that rate... but it may be locked to you.

Also as well, sometimes the plan/deal one person gets, can be based on other factors, like time you have owned the account, etc.. that may be the reason for your discount.. and moving it to another user.. wouldnt allow that to cary over.

Again, best you can do is give them a call.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. good question.  Best you can do is call and ask.

Now.. there could be factors.  If the deal  you have, is a contract based.. that MAY or MAY NOT be able to be transfered.  That contract may be able to be passed to him at that rate... but it may be locked to you.

Also as well, sometimes the plan/deal one person gets, can be based on other factors, like time you have owned the account, etc.. that may be the reason for your discount.. and moving it to another user.. wouldnt allow that to cary over.

Again, best you can do is give them a call.

Earache
I Plan to Stick Around
The deal was the I have keep rogers home phone and tv ( I have choice with home phone as I live in a rogers only area and no point in switching tv providers). If that helps with an answer.

Earache
I Plan to Stick Around
I meant to say no choice. Not I have a choice.

pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Earache wrote:
Hi everyone. I need some advice.
My son recently bought the house next door and got basic cable. Unfortunately he has no Internet and does all of his work at my house (to not incurr more bills to pay for now).
I honestly don't need the Internet as I have a smartphone that I use when I need access plus I have access at work. I got an excellent deal from rogers for ultimate as I've been a customer for over 15 years.

My question is: Is it possible for me to transfer my internet to his account or any other way of my son and daughter-in-law to get what we have here? They were the primary users of it, his wife being able to work from home occasionally and my son strictly working from home.
I'm asking because the deal I have would not hurt their budget (all new home owners know the burden of trying to keep bills low to pay off a massive mortgage).

I'd appreciate any advice that I can't get.

Let me get this straight.. are u trying (from a billing standpoint) to move your discounted bundled portion of your internet to his rogers account?? I dont believe you can as they must be on the same billing account number and name for the promo to be in effect. However they do have consolidated accounts in billing but I believe they must be in the same name of account holder as well. Here's a thought, why not just add your son as an authorized user on your account and he can access it from a billing standpoint over the phone or online ebilling?? He can check the ebill online each month and make direct payments to your rogers account via his bank under bill payments.  I hope the interpretation is correct as to your case....  

OR do you mean physically transer the ultimate service to his house but have your bundled discount apply to his bill?? That would be highly unlikely as the accounts are in different names and bundled discount promos apply to same account not accounts across different names. Besides it's 2 different properties.

ScottLang
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it's possible, but it will depend on what sort of contract you have. For example, if it's a multi product term, meaning one that you are required to have say cable and internet for example, then no, it cannot be moved. If it's a contract that applies specifically to the internet only, then yes it can.

Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation