Transfer phone warranty?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Transfer phone warranty?

I'm looking to buy a used Z10 from another Rogers customer.  Does the warranty need to be transferred to my name?

I'm just thinking if I have a problem 6 months down the road that I'm covered either thru Rogers or Blackberry?

And how can I be sure I'm not buying a stolen phone?

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Transfer phone warranty?

The warranty part, i am not sure on.. hopefuly someone like moewmix can come around and answer that part.

As for the stolen part.. your BEST bet, before you fully pay for it, with the other person there (or if they are willing it send it to you before hand) is contact rogers, they can check the imei number.. if it was reported stolen, etc.. that number should be blocked.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Transfer phone warranty?

Hello kelly9880

When you buy a used Rogers phone, call Rogers and have them add the IMEI number into your account or whoever account it will be under. The warranty ONLY works if you are with Rogers. Blackberry does not cover anything unless Rogers sends it to them. That is the only way warranty will work. Also make sure the person selling the phone, releases it from their account. That would help more. The IMEI number must be associated with a Rogers account for the warranty to work.

When you talk to the person, ask them for the IMEI. Once they give u the IMEI number,  Call Rogers and see if it's been reported stolen or anything bad. If Rogers says it's fine, you are set. Also i would suggest doing this deal at a Rogers store. That way the store rep can see if it's been stolen or not.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation