Transfer existing BB plan to the Z10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Transfer existing BB plan to the Z10

Does anyone know if Rogers will let me keep my exissting BB data plan when I upgrade or will they force a new data plan when I get an upgraded SIM for 4G.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Transfer existing BB plan to the Z10

I could be wrong, but I believe the old BIS BB plans are not compatible with the new Z10, so you will likely have to switch.  This is the same with all carriers, so it seems BB changed something in their backend systems.  I think this was done to ensure it was an easy transition from other OSes to BB, so BB was likely doing this to try to get more customers on their platform easily; IMHO, a good idea.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kovey83

AnonymousUser is wrong. The new Blackberry Z10 can be used with the old Blackberry data plans. The only ones you can not use is the ( Blackberry BBM plan and email plan.) Everything else works. If let's say you have 1GB Blackberry ( BIS) data plan, it can still work.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/02/02/your-current-voice-and-data-plan-will-work-with-the-blackberry-z10...
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that! That's something I had been wondering about as well...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jvictor77

You are welcome! 🙂
I'm a Senior Contributor

Thanks for the correction Meowmix, I knew something was a little off, but I haven't used a BB in years, so not sure what's happened on that front for a while.  I just knew some of the previous BB plans didn't work with the Z10.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Its okay, we all learn things every day 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I have a BlackBerry Torch and I want to upgrade to the Z10.  I have read you need a new SIM card for the Z10. So does the Z10 come with a new SIM card? or do I have to purchase a new SIM card on top of the Z10 purchase?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello USTASA

If you buy the phone outright/ New activation or upgrade, they give you a LTE Micro sim card with the phone without any cost.

You only need to pay $11 for the sim if you just go get one without getting hardware.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you...