Transfer Files between Folders(or apps) in Android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yomama
I've Been Here Awhile

Transfer Files between Folders(or apps) in Android

I'm using a Galaxy Nexus with Android 4 and I'd like to move files between the Pictures folder and my Dropbox (or just around the phone in general). I'd also like to set the camera to save pictures directly to the Dropbox when WiFi is available.

Any suggestions?

******* Edit labels ********

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Transfer Files between Folders(or apps) in Android

Just install dropbox, create a new account if you don't have one already and watch the tutorial. It's very straight forward. I only upload camera pics when my phone is charging but then again I have a spare samsung charger and 4 brand new batteries lol.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You could always use bluetooth, or USB & send the photos to your computer... I'm still one of those, that doesn't trust the Cloud 100%
Guess it all depends on what kind of access you want or need to your photos.
yomama
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the replies. What about moving files around on the device itself? I'm thinking in terms of the drag and drop system with a PC. Can I move files around like that in Android?
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

esExplorer is my favorite, others like root explorer & root browser... But they are WRONG 😛
ShadNuke
I Plan to Stick Around

U would need a file explorer of some sort. Androzip is a decent one and its free
JohnOuro
I've Been Around

In both the android devices configure Google Play with the same Gmail ID. Then in your Google Play account purchase list you will have list of all the apps that you have downloaded till date. Just plug the required device and download the app that you require to the device you desire.

`