cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction History text messages

SJay
I've Been Here Awhile

In the Transaction History for my Pay-as-you-Go phone there are a number of text messages recorded in a short period of a few days. The description on them is "Goodwill - Text messages". This is different than the SMS message history in the Call History section. They show a charge for each one.

I did receive a number of "top up successful" messages in about the same timeframe. The phone wasn't topped up and didn't need to be topped up, though.

Anyone know what these are?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transaction History text messages

SJay
I've Been Here Awhile

Here is what Rogers had to say

There were spam text messages sent to my phone last month and they have credited my account this month for each message that was charged. The amounts in the transaction history are credits to my account.

It is odd, as far as I recall the messages just said that the auto-topup was successful. I don't see how a spammer would benefit from this. Maybe it was a Rogers goof and they are just cleaning up.

Just got two more this morning from 9000. "Rogers msg: Your top up was successful! You can check your account balance and expiry date for FREE by dialing *225. Thanks for choosing Rogers." As before, there was no top up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @SJay

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Do you know if you have any text messages included in your plan?

@OLDYELLR, any thoughts on these messages?

If you would like more details on the messages, please reach out to PayGO department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

@RogersPrasana

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@SJay, @RogersPrasana  I also see " 04/23/2016 18:08     $0.30     Goodwill - Text messages " in among the 911 charges in my Transaction History (not in Call History, where I see call and SMS charges). This is something new. What is it and why are we getting this charge? Is Rogers now charging us for free *225 calls and such?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

SJay
I've Been Here Awhile

Here is what Rogers had to say

There were spam text messages sent to my phone last month and they have credited my account this month for each message that was charged. The amounts in the transaction history are credits to my account.

It is odd, as far as I recall the messages just said that the auto-topup was successful. I don't see how a spammer would benefit from this. Maybe it was a Rogers goof and they are just cleaning up.

Just got two more this morning from 9000. "Rogers msg: Your top up was successful! You can check your account balance and expiry date for FREE by dialing *225. Thanks for choosing Rogers." As before, there was no top up.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't see the "Goodwill - Text messages" charge as being a credit because it's not a negative amount. I would like to see an official explanation of it on this forum from a Rogers employee. @CommunityHelps ?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation