Toll free?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Toll free?

hi i have a number and the number  is TOLL FREE and its start with 1-877. and its 11 digit. 

If i will call this number is it going to cost me? or it will be free? please help

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Toll free?

toll free means the TOLL ie LONG DISTANCE is not charged to you, the person who owns the toll free number pays for the service so you dont have to pay LD

it does however use your airtime according to the airtime rate you ahve. ie if u have 200 day time it comes out of it, if u have unlim eve/wk it is comign out of there too

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Seriously? I'm ever so tempted to offer you a very sarcastic reply, but I'll be charitable.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you know its toll free, then why ask? :/...

Yes 1-877 is toll free....
I Plan to Stick Around

just checking. 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Its okay tho :). But yes 1-877 is toll free if you want to call a company or w.e that starts with that
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

toll free means the TOLL ie LONG DISTANCE is not charged to you, the person who owns the toll free number pays for the service so you dont have to pay LD

it does however use your airtime according to the airtime rate you ahve. ie if u have 200 day time it comes out of it, if u have unlim eve/wk it is comign out of there too

View solution in original post

I'm Here A Lot

I need to make a phone call to a 1-800 number in the US. I have 200 free minutes a month. I know I will be charged air time but I want to confirm that the air time will come from my 200 minutes and I won't be charged long distance. Is that right?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You will have airtime used and if you are over your aloud minutes you will be charged at that point for the call...... But not long distance. so not a stupid question at all... lots of people assume the call wont cost them anything then later find out air time was effected or exceeded due to toll free # 

ALSO a side note, if you use a calling card with a toll free # make sure you ensure it is working - there is nothing worse then thinking you are covering LD rate with a toll free # however it's not garenteed to work and LD charges could apply for those LD calls