Tired of waiting!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Tired of waiting!

I am getting very, very fed-up with Rogers! I reserved my SGS2 LTE back on I think September 13th, a week before my son's birthday. They promised weekly updates, whcih I--and according to the forums, everyone else--have not recieved. Now, it's October 5h, and my son's birthday was fifteen or sixteen days ago. The phone is his main present, and he doesn't even have it yet! Chances are, he won't for a while.

So I guess I have a few questions.

1. Am I able to purchase it in a store? How much would it cost?
  2. Anyone have news on WHEN it will start being shipped out? I'm #308 in line.
  3. Is it too late to change the address they ship it to? And can they ship to homes? (My Rogers store has closed down...)
  4. Again, any news regarding its arrival?
  5. Should I just buy it from another provider, and unlock the SIM or whatever? How much does that cost?
  6. Should I just get a new phone?! Which one?

Thanks for taking your time to read this, assuming you did. 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Tired of waiting!

Patience. The official kick-off of the Rogers LTE and LTE devices is only due for October 18.

http://redboard.rogers.com/tag/samsung-galaxy-s-ii/

1- Only when officially available.. so starting Oct. 18. Usually 150$ to 199$ on 3y/contract or around 599$ unsubsidized.

2- That's non-disclosed information from Rogers.

3- Probably, you should check with customer service for this. 

4- See #1

5-Yes if available but that's 599$, Yes you can unlock it. Unlock is 10-30$ online.. Free if your a tech guru about android

6-Unless you plan to wait another 3-6 months for the Galaxy Nexus... no

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Patience. The official kick-off of the Rogers LTE and LTE devices is only due for October 18.

1- Only when officially available.. so starting Oct. 18. Usually 150$ to 199$ on 3y/contract or around 599$ unsubsidized.

3- Probably, you should check with customer service for this. 

4- See #1

5-Yes if available but that's 599$, Yes you can unlock it. Unlock is 10-30$ online.. Free if your a tech guru about android

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Patience. The official kick-off of the Rogers LTE and LTE devices is only due for October 18.

3- Probably, you should check with customer service for this.
4- See #1
------------------------------------------

Thanks a bunch! How long do you guess it'd take the first 100 to be shipped out? And what would they do if the store they originally sent to is closed? I really hope I can change that!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You should call customer service to check where your order will be relocated if the store is closed.

Rogers store receives orders in the dozens per week (on average) when they launch a new phone. Expect 1 or 2 shipment per week at the store. I would believe you are #308 in line on the total of pre-orders and not the actual store.

Again calling Rogers customer service is your best bet to know where your phone might end up arriving since your local Rogers banner was closed.

Good luck
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You should call customer service to check where your order will be relocated if the store is closed.

Rogers store receives orders in the dozens per week (on average) when they launch a new phone. Expect 1 or 2 shipment per week at the store. I would believe you are #308 in line on the total of pre-orders and not the actual store.

Again calling Rogers customer service is your best bet to know where your phone might end up arriving since your local Rogers banner was closed.

Good luck
-------------------------------------------

So, say I'm approximately the fourth person to reserve the SGS2 for a certain store, it'd take around two weeks for it to arrive?

Also, how do I check where I am in the que?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

you can log into my rogers and change the delivery location yourself.  You can only choose a Rogers location - not your home.

You'll find a button near the picture of your current phone marked "Device Reservation" click it

on the ensuing page, click on "view details"

you can change the delivery location there

the page also shows your queue position

Cavan