Time to let go Rogers... Stop the madness!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1mthome
I Plan to Stick Around

Time to let go Rogers... Stop the madness!!

I'm not impress with Rogers...  Give something and take something it away!

I've been a Rogers customer for a long time, if I'm going to get screwed by you well screw you...

Well rogers here's my comment I will be killing everything that is related to you has everything expires I'm moving on...

I fell I'm getting it with KY and some sand in it!

Thanks but no thanks!  

I'm retired and every penny (nickle these days) counts, I'm on a fix income and I'm getting it from everywhere...  I used to be able buy steak once in a while now I buy KD for a threat what's my next threat cat food?.   When is this madness going to stop?!?

From me, now think about, it $300+ for all of my Rogers gagets a month, I'm sure I'm not the only that is starting not to be able to afford it.  I've sold almost everything I own to make ends meet, I have nothing else to sell except my body to science!

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Time to let go Rogers... Stop the madness!!

Hi @1mthome

Thank you for your post.

We can definitely understand your frustration as cost can be a concern.

We'd like to help. Please send us a Private Message via @CommunityHelps and we can look into your account.

@RogersPrasana

1mthome
I Plan to Stick Around

Will contact you with private message on Monday morning... 9AM
Presently making cookies (for X-mas gifts)
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@1mthome if you're retired and not on some gold plated public service pension, just CPP like me, then paying $300+ a month for electroic toys and services would be ludicrous and certainly not affordable. You don't say what it is you're payng for.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats one major thing to look at.  For ANYONE who is on a fixed income of any form.. or is budget concious by any form.

WHAT is necessary.

Beyond a phone of SOME form.. for emergency, 911, and basic communication.

Just about EVERYTHING is extra... a bonus, a nice to have and not always necessary.

How much TV is actually watched? What is watched? Its possible to get rid of TV with so many other options available now.
If you have a cell, and dont receive a lot of calls.. could drop home phone?
Internet is even an extra technically.. though likely to drop many of the other options, you would likely need to keep this.

Hopefully when you get in contact with them, they will be able to look at things.  They may be able to find some other promtions to save some money as well.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

The key for people who find themselves in a position of having to downsize their past expectations of needs and wants, is the challenge to say right up front the following phrase.

I need to review my services to identify what I use, and what I need based upon changes in my financial position.  I need to get to the lowest cost for services that I require to meet my basic needs and to still have some small enjoyment of the niceties of our modern world.

It is not an easy thing to do, but I have had to do it myself.

The most important thing is to go in saying you need to reduce services to a minimum level.  Don't say I want to review my services unless you state your specific goal.

Example, it may be to reduce services and avoid cancellation fees due now being on reduced income.

It may be to eliminate all but required services.

Or it may be to eliminate all services.

I know it can be hard on the "ego" to come out and say that you are having to deal with changes in your life (disability, job loss, or whatever), and saying you need to cut back can be a real blow, although a necessary decisions.

But I also see the point of the OP's point of view - Rogers has been dropping things left and right, trying hard to move us to greater levels of services (better value), rarely at the same price, but a "small increase".  Persons in this position are often prone to not fully understand fully what is being said to them and the impact on their finances and services.

Every time we turn around we find that something else is changing - price increases, reduced channel selections, no lower end internet available, phone plans climbing while not meeting the needs of a low end user well, and the constant push to the higher end plans - you will get more speed, bandwidth, we include Shomi for free.  Does a rep ever ask us what we are willing to pay.  Not likely, not in the interests of the company bottom dollar or marketing strategies.

Rogers at the moment is trying to be the cadillac of the telecom, tv, and internet world, as well as the media world of magazines, and sports.  But for some it can be a challenge to work with this model while trying to deal with increasing costs for everything.

For now, I respect the man for stating his frustration and his beliefs about Rogers and its services and the "value" for money defined by him, not by Rogers.  I also thank the experts who have asked him to contact community helps forum in order to give him a chance to work closely with someone who now knows exactly where he is coming from and can help guide him to make the best decisions for his current and future life choices.

Having been there, it is not an easy thing to separate your frustration with your own situation and what you perceive as a company that seems to you to be making decisions about services that are making your decision making more difficult.

Thanks for speaking out and telling it how it really is and providing the forum an opportunity to help you.

I won't make any suggestions to you, I don't know your life, or your situation or choices that confront you, but I hope my tip to be clear with reps what your goal for your call is helpful. 

When they say, "what can I do for you", that includes accommodating your need for the company to understand your situation, as well as to review your current financial and personal needs and make recommendations that meet your needs best (although that may not be their goal, you can ask for it directly). They will try to come up with an offer that works best for you and is within their business model, and then you will need to make a choice.  And it may be to buy a small chevy rather than the cadillac.

If it is interesting, get a quote, think about it for a day or two, then make your decision and make sure that you get exactly what they offered, or you may even want to change it, or there is also your choice to just move on.

That way hopefully, you can walk away a bit happier with life, and a rep can go home feeling that they helped a person who needed their help.

All the best, Bruce

1mthome
I Plan to Stick Around

I really appreciated what you are doing...

But are you kidding, I've been with computer since the ARPA  days (circa 1972) I was writing TCP and IP RFC's before it became TCP/IP and you were born, I know what I want and to how use what I have...  What I'm getting at is everything is going up...  I had a good pension (I managed my money so that I could retire in a resonable life style) but with everything going up,  cat food as a treat is not far ahead of me...

Don't make comments like that, wait one day I'll be gone and you will replace me on the food line...  Only then you will think of me...

You get use to it then everything is gone or in my case can't afford it!

Companies and Gov are gouging the poor and defenceless...

BTW I still script for companies who can't concive of doing by themselves because it's too expensive I have to fix codes done by people in India and china because they leave back doors... 

One day you will be in your 70's...  Don't comment on what you don't know...  

1mthome
I Plan to Stick Around

I appreciate the comments...
Everyone is an expert until it's done to them...
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

We're not all kids here. I'm almost 75 and living on CPP and a modest RRIF. But I was always frugal and would never spend the money my kids do on cellphones and such. I bought my last new car in 1973, after which they went over $5000 and inflation outstripped my income.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Stop feeding the trolls.