This will determine what phone I get. SGS2 LTE/iPhone 4s.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around

This will determine what phone I get. SGS2 LTE/iPhone 4s.

Well I have the SGS2 LTE reserved, and this will determine if I carry on with it, and decide to get it. OR, vice-versa, and switch to the iPhone 4S.

1. There's a $60-65/month plan that includes unlimited text, talk, and LTE, correct? Just like there is with 4G/3G?

2. Do I need anything else other than the phone to connect to LTE and be able to search the web?

3. Any news on the battery life, assuming mid-brightness, and casual usage? 

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
lillady
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: This will determine what phone I get. SGS2 LTE/iPhone 4s.

So far the Rogers reps are saying that you do not have to use LTE with the S2LTE if you keep your regular SIM card and your normal data.... but if you want to use LTE then you need to purchase an LTE SIM card and sign up for an LTE data plan.  I believe that once the phone is released they have some special on for $50/10GB LTE data but I don't think it included and voice or anything else.  Check out the LTE plan details under the phone info: http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet

Hopefully that helps a little!  I am planning on getting an S2LTE and just using it with regular data 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
fredp613
I've Been Around

If you get Iphone 4s over SGS2 LTE you will regret it.  Apple is playing catch up with Samsung now.

1. No, the LTE coverage is more expensive then HSPA (4G) - you will be paying 55 a month for 1g data (HSPA) and 200 mins, unlimited text, my5 - if you want voicemail, call waiting, call display add another $12.  If you want LTE data, add minimum another $25. So expect to pay about $80 a month min. for a plan with LTE coverage (I wouldnt go with LTE until the price drops - HSPA is good enough - so get a regular data plan)

2. No

3. both phones up to 8 hours on 3g.  

Also, keep in mind that s2 lte will have a larger display and will run the latest android os (gingerbread 2.3) which is way better than iOS5.  Overall you will have a better experience with the galaxy s2 lte. Even the galaxy s2 (regular) is better than iphone 4S:

http://androidadvices.com/galaxy-s2-iphone-4s-features-specs-comparison/

pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you!

I don't need LTE coverage to access the web on an LTE SVA2? (Sorry, not good with this stuff...)
How is the web browser speed with the default coverage, and what is the unlimited text, call, and browsing cost like? Is there such a thing?

Thanks for your reply, probably stickin with the SGS2. But if you have information on what I just asked, that'd be great.
ElDuderino
I've Been Here Awhile

You might want to wait and see what comes out of tomorrow night's Samsung/Google announcement first.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/17/the-coolest-samsung-smartphone-will-be-coming-to-canada-soon-were-...

I know I am...

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around

So far the Rogers reps are saying that you do not have to use LTE with the S2LTE if you keep your regular SIM card and your normal data.... but if you want to use LTE then you need to purchase an LTE SIM card and sign up for an LTE data plan.  I believe that once the phone is released they have some special on for $50/10GB LTE data but I don't think it included and voice or anything else.  Check out the LTE plan details under the phone info: http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet

Hopefully that helps a little!  I am planning on getting an S2LTE and just using it with regular data 🙂

View solution in original post

pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around

So far the Rogers reps are saying that you do not have to use LTE with the S2LTE if you keep your regular SIM card and your normal data.... but if you want to use LTE then you need to purchase an LTE SIM card and sign up for an LTE data plan. I believe that once the phone is released they have some special on for $50/10GB LTE data but I don't think it included and voice or anything else. Check out the LTE plan details under the phone info: http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet
Hopefully that helps a little! I am planning on getting an S2LTE and just using it with regular data
----------

Thank you! :).

So I'll probably just use my old phone's SIM with my SGS2 LTE; how would the browsing speed be? Close to the iPhone 4, the same, faster, what? Or do you not know?

Even if not, thanks for the info already provided!