This forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This forum

After waiting for what I consider to be a reasonable period of time,  I have concluded that this particular forum is no longer relevant.  While many customer questions have been answered by other customers,  the commitment by Rogers Staff to contribute useful information is nonexistent.  

When it comes to the major issues raised by many customers concerning Rogers policies regarding third party modems,  continuing problems with Rogers mandated hardware (SMC Gateway)  performance problems, Customer service nightmares,  Rogers staff have not answered a single question or corrected any of the CS related problems.  

We have received conflicting information from different moderators,  seen multiple cases of censorship of messages that criticized  Rogers policies/services, and at times,  information that is just plain wrong that has cost customers money.

I also notice that new posts are drying up as other customers are discovering that this is not the place to get any answers/help from Rogers.

I think its time to move on to other things and not waste any more time here.   Maybe someday,  things will improve

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: This forum

why? just ignore the moderators and rely on us customers to get your answers since we are giving more helpfull answers than the own employees do, we're not gonna stop doing this

I'm a Senior Advisor

You are correct Pauly, in that the customers often give better answers than the Rogers' employees. The employees are often too busy editing and deleting comments because they might stray from the guidelines.

On the other hand, skutflut raises many valid points. Important issues that cannot be solved by customers are not dealt with very well by Rogers' employees. I don't know how many times now that we've been told that third party modems can be added, yet customers continue to be told by CSRs that they can't be added. The SMC modem/router combo is a piece of garbage, yet when you ask about a stand alone DOCSIS 3 modem, the only thing we are told is that they are not authorized. I would like to know why not? Is Rogers ever planning to do anything about the mess created by the SMC modems? We cannot get an answer here. They have severely messed up our HD PVRs with a firmware update, yet no answer has ever been forthcoming here except to say they are aware of the problems and are working on them. Sorry Rogers, but that is not good enough. I won't even get into the throttling issues. The "Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft" thread is now up to 34 pages long and what has Rogers done? Nothing!

So I feel much like skutflut. Are we just spinning our wheels in this forum because Rogers simply does not want to deal with the real issues?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ive been told too by mods on here that bb plans will not work on other devices,, they even had the nerve to delete my posts and tell me im wrong, meanwhile all the execs and managers are using blackberry data package on their iphones in headoffice. go figure

I'm a Senior Advisor

The value in having customers answering some questions is we don't have to follow company communication guidelines. True we can't swear or trash talk the company without our posts being edited but we can get away with way more than the Rogers Employees can, we don't have to worry about being fired. Smiley Happy

Also We can address hacks and unofficial work arounds.. I am more than happy to help someone trouble shoot random router combinations with random third party software. I am willing to discuss jailbreaking iphones and how to deal with different issues.

But yes.. Sometimes the issues must be handled by Rogers themselves, in those cases I can only recommended that people contact rogers by phone and get the problem solved. They can't exactly open internal systems to the public to make account changes or add modems etc... (If so my bill would be way lower) Smiley Wink
I'm a Senior Advisor

But yes.. Sometimes the issues must be handled by Rogers themselves, in those cases I can only recommended that people contact rogers by phone and get the problem solved. They can't exactly open internal systems to the public to make account changes or add modems etc... (If so my bill would be way lower) Smiley Wink

In my post Chris, I was not referring to the types of problems that can and should be handled by a phone call like a billing related question or a change in your cell phone plan. I was referring to the issues that seem to be affecting a substantial number of customers. These include:

1. issues with the SMC modem/router combos
  2. many issues with 8300 HD PVRs caused by the firmware updates
  3. throttling issues for the many gamers on-line
  4. the issue of whether or not third party modems can be added to your account
  5. (Just to name a few that I am concerned about. I am sure there are many more!)
A forum like this can be a valuable tool to learn that you are not alone in needing these problems solved. We need the Rogers' employees to step up to the plate and give us the proper information and in too many cases this is not being done or as skutflut mentioned, we are being given the wrong information. Yes, in many cases, the best information comes from the customers themselves. But when a solution needs to come from Rogers and none is forthcoming, it gets frustrating. When your comments get editied or deleted, the frustration is even greater. And too often, if you do make a phone call you wind up with a CSR who has no clue on how to really help you.