The whole digital thing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

The whole digital thing

We recently upgraded from the old Basic cable (and I do mean Basic) to digital plus with a nextbox because we bought a new TV and wanted to get the most out of it.  We all find this whole thing not very user friendly.  There are so many channels and many assigned to as many as 3 different numbers.  It would be very helpfull if Rogers had a sheet for each plan showing the channel number in order and the name of the network .  Their channel sheets show over 900 stations and it is very hard to go thru it to mark the ones we get. If a station has more than one # it should be indicated with the lowest number and would shorten the list.

The remote is very complicated for some people to use--especially all the little buttons.  I tried to set up a remote with fewer, larger buttons but it will not turn the box and TV off or on together.

Also, why do customers have to pay for a Nextbox separately when service is upgraded??? You cannot access the service you are paying for without it anyway. 

We do however enjoy seeing the programs in digital and HD.  Even the old movies look wonderful!

I'm really not a complainer but for the price, I would think that this technology would be more user friendly.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: The whole digital thing

You can shorten the list considerable by going to Setting-> Channel setup -> hide unsubscribed channels.

This will hid all the channel you don't get with the exception of On Demand channels and duplicates of channels you do subscribe to.

I new channels are added to the package you subscribe to, you will have to repeat the procedure to get them to show on your TV Guide.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to explain GENERALLy why there is an upper and lower channel of the same name, etc..

When they first started releasing the HD channels.. they were completely separate.  So ABC SD channel was on the lower one, you wanted to do HD, you needed to tune to the HIGHER one.
As time went on, they started to be able to AUTO SUB the HD ones down.  So right now on your HD box.. when you tune to the lower, its actually the SD.. they just force the HD overtop of it for you, for your convienience.

I whole heartedly agree, that there should be a more easy way to see what/where channel wise..  but the problem lies that its so DYNAMIC.. would change so much based on the person.
Package A vs B, has different channels with it..

But even beyond that... wile A for you, might have certain channels... i may live in a very different area, in which SOME of the channels can change from region to region.

You can KIND OF do the list, mostly, yourself.

You would have to go first to HERE:
https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

The main listing there, should show you in general, what channels will be available to you on the DIGITAL PLUS.

Then if you go down to the bottom of the page, there is a blue link for FIND MY CHANNEL LINEUP.

Clicking on that , pops out another box.  Choose the first one (HD box), and your area.
That will give you a list, of the number for ALL channels in your area.

Now, those channels may not all be the ones available to you... which is why you would need to cross reference the other list.

All in all, a good start is as Lurker said, remove all the UNSIBSRIBED ones.

If you are looking for things in particular (a certain show, etc.) you can hit the * button, and do a SEARCH

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Then if you go down to the bottom of the page, there is a blue link for FIND MY CHANNEL LINEUP.

Clicking on that , pops out another box.  Choose the first one (HD box), and your area.
That will give you a list, of the number for ALL channels in your area

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! It's hard to find, so I thought Rogers had got rid of that feature.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario