cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

Smeelious
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I figured I'd put together a list of current Rogers phones and their supposed timeslines for ICS updates.  To avoid all the "ZOMG" why doesn't my phone have ICS yet threads.

"Factory (ETA)" is generaly the eta of the international unlocked version to get ICS.  Rogers would have to release their version of the ICS firmware after that...  Custom ROM availability is listed for reference, in case people are tired of waiting or for phones that won't be getting official ICS firmware.  Most Rogers phones come with locked bootloaders making custom roms difficult / impossible, and certainly not for the faint of heart (unlocking the bootloader will kill your warantee.) Sorry for the format...I had it all custom coloured and everything in Excel.  Let me know if there are other phones you want listed or if you have information I don't.

Phone                                         Factory (ETA)     Rogers (ETA)    Custom ICS ROM                                             

Acer Liquid E                             Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

Acer Liquid Metal                      Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

HTC Jetstream (Tab)               Never.                 Never.                  Bootloader Locked            

HTC One X                                Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

HTC Raider                               Released          unknown              Bootloader Locked            

LG Optimus 3D                        unknown            unknown             Can't find one…            

Motorola RAZR                         Q2-Q3                unknown              Bootloader Locked            

Samsung Galaxy Nexus         4.0.4                   4.0.1-2                 Available

Samsung Galaxy Note            Q2                       unknown              Available           

Samsung Galaxy Q                  unknown            unknown             Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy Rugby         unknown            unknown              I have no idea…            

Samsung Galaxy S Glide       unknown            unknown              Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE        Released           unknown             Available            

Samsung Galaxy Tab              unknown             unknown             Available            

Sony Xperia Arc                         Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Arc S                     Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Play                       Never.                  Never.                 Work in Progress            

Sony Xperia S                            Q2                       unknown            Available          

Sony Xperia X10                       Never.                  Never.                 Locked (a)

***edited labels***

33 REPLIES 33

Re: The "Will my phone get an ICS update" thread.

RobertYuna
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the list.  I await the update for my Sony Xperia Arc.  Why does it seem

to take so long for Rogers to process these updates and then make them available?

Is it a staffing issue?  Adding all of that bloatware can't take THAT LONG.

Skladman
I Plan to Stick Around

It sucks how in Canada, we can't even get 4.04. Kinda makes me want to get an iPhone (even though I HATE Apple and its products) just because iPhones at least get updates regularly.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Skladman, you've heard of xda?

Skladman
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, never heard of XDA.

Smeelious
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Phone                                         Factory (ETA)     Rogers (ETA)    Custom ICS ROM                                             

Acer Liquid E                             Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

Acer Liquid Metal                      Never.                 Never.                  Work in Progress            

HTC Jetstream (Tab)               Never.                 Never.                  Bootloader Locked            

HTC One X                                Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

HTC Raider                               Released          Released             Bootloader Locked            

LG Optimus 3D                        Released          Released                       

Motorola RAZR                         Released           unknown              Bootloader Locked            

Samsung Galaxy Nexus        4.1.1   (JB)          4.0.1-2                 Available

Samsung Galaxy Note            Released          unknown              Available           

Samsung Galaxy Q                  unknown            unknown             Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy Rugby         unknown            unknown              I have no idea…            

Samsung Galaxy S Glide       unknown            unknown              Probably not?            

Samsung Galaxy SII LTE        Released           Released             Available            

Samsung Galaxy Tab              Released             unknown           Available  

Samsung Galaxy Infuse          unknown            unknown            available    

Sony Xperia Arc                         Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Arc S                     Released           unknown            Locked (a)           

Sony Xperia Play                       Never.                  Never.                 Work in Progress            

Sony Xperia S                            Released           unknown            Available          

Sony Xperia X10                       Never.                  Never.                 Locked (a)

crazytaco10
I've Been Around

How about Sony Xperia Mini Pro??

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Skladman, Google XDA - you'll find loads of information about how you can get ICS for lots of different phones & "pure" ics at that!

clockwork58
I Plan to Stick Around
AT&T said the Captivate Glide will get ICS and that was back in March. http://gizmodo.com/5895686/a-bunch-of-att-android-phones-are-about-to-get-an-ice-cream-sandwich-upda...

So still waiting so the guys at XDA can make a custom ROM and I can load it.

sonyboyj
I'm an Enthusiast
This thread should be called will my phone get a update

jheyk01
I've Been Here Awhile

anybody here owns an Xperia S? have you received any information about the ICS update?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I own and use the Xperia S. I spoke to Sony Canada in which told me Rogers has the update and they are the ones taking the long time. It upsets me because its a flag ship phone from Sony and Rogers takes its time updating the phones they have. No excuses or anything.

Hopefully by the end of Aug we may get it.

jheyk01
I've Been Here Awhile

awe.. i feel irritated on waiting for the update for so long.. 😧

on another topic.. Do you know if Beats Tour's function are compatible with Xperia S? Like Microphone, VOlume COntrol, etc?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well it does not because Sony uses a different headphone jack then the rest. Its still the same 3.5 mm jack but the gold jacks inside are a little different. The headphones will work but not the controls. This is something Sony has failed to see & change.

If you want to use the Dr Dre headphones, they come with a another normal cord you can use OR if you only have that one, you can plug in the head phones & press & hold the Volume + & it will work.